Tuesday, November 06, 2007
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Ordes Electric continues to install the PLC which monitors and controls the Energy Transfer Station.
- Stratos Elevator continues to work on Elevator #7; installing the safeties.
- The contractor installed plywood in Elevator #2 to protect the interior so that it can now be used.
- Siemens continues to install the new fire alarm wiring, speakers, and strobes on the 6th Floor.
- The painting contractor finished sanding the floated walls in Stairwell D and is mobilizing to begin work in Stairwell B.
- Faculty members and staff continue to clean out offices and remove personal items on Floors 5 and 6.
Dental School :
- The bids for the replacement of the roofs of the main Dental School campus buildings were opened on 10/23/07. During the evaluation process, several of the low bids were found to contain technical deficiencies that required that they be rejected. It was determined that it would be in the best interests of the State to reject all bids and re-bid the project with adjustments to the specifications.
- The State has agreed to use an expedited bid process that will allow the new bids to be opened on November 20th.
- The installation of the Curvature ceiling in the Clinic Building lobby continues and is nearing completion.
- The contractor is completing the fur-outs that cover the supply air ducts and diffusers above the curved wall in the main lobby.
- The small chandeliers were reinstalled through the Curvature ceilings after the placement of the ceiling panels.
- The main lobby carpet installation began today.
- The crews completed the installation of plants and mulch on the Bolivar St. side of the MEB.
- Channel drains have been installed on the Gravier St. side of the Allied Health/Nursing Building.