Monday, December 17, 2007
- Stratos Elevator finished installing the new platform for Elevator #1.
- Zimmer-Eschette continues to clean the ducts on the 3rd Floor.
- The carpet removal process has stopped to allow the debris removal to be completed on the 4th Floor.
- The removal of debris continued throughout the day.
- The contractor continues to remove the ceiling tile on the 4th floor.
- Crews continue to work on the final cleaning/remediation on Floors 6 and 7.
- They are also re-cleaning the area on the 8th Floor that failed the initial testing.
- The contractor began removing floor tile on the 1st Floor this weekend.
- The work is approximately 50% complete.
- The completed rooms passed the visual inspection and are scheduled to be sampled tomorrow.
Dental School :
- Landis continued working on their punch list for the 1st Floor of the Clinic Building .
- They installed the correct laminate door and hardware for the entrance to the north stairwell from the 1st Floor.
- They began installing the plastic laminate on the transom of the restroom doors.
- Schindler began wiring the car top for Elevator #4.
- The car top consists of the door operator selector, photo edge, inspector station, lights, and fan.
- They continued with the installation of the cable grippers (brakes) for Elevator #3.
- Sherlocks Construction began delivering the materials to the site of the temporary bookstore location to install the curtain wall that will separate the work area from the rest of the Dental School Library.
MEB Roof Replacement:
- The contractors have removed the existing rocks, the light weight concrete and the old asphalt between the penthouse and Stairwell 7.
- The temporary two-ply asphalt topping has been installed on the Bolivar Street side in front of Stairwell 7. It was also glazed and sealed to prevent leaks.
- The other portion of the roof on the loading dock side next to Stairwell 7 is being cleaned and prepped for the topping.
- The crews started installing plants on the S. Roman St. side of the MEB near the entrance/exit of the loading dock/service area.