Wednesday, December 19, 2007
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator is installing the new travel cables for Elevator #8.
- The hoist cable installation is complete.
- Stratos is installing a stabilizing beam on the frame of Elevator #1 to counter-balance the cab and platform.
- The cab components for Elevator #1 are scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
- Siemens is demolishing the existing fire alarm wiring on the 2nd Floor.
- Zimmer-Eschette finished cleaning the ducts on the 3rd Floor and has mobilized the crew and equipment to the 2nd Floor.
- The ducts on the 3rd Floor passed visual inspection and sampling is being scheduled.
- The contractor finished removing the debris from the 4th Floor.
- The carpet removal has resumed on the on the 4th Floor and is approximately three quarters complete.
- The ceiling tile removal has resumed on the 4th floor and is approximately sixty percent complete.
- The contractor is removing sheetrock with visible mold behind the baseboards on the 6th and 7th Floors.
- The sheetrock is being removed up to 2 ft. above the visible mold.
- The contractor is cleaning on the 5th Floor; removing peeling paint, HEPA-vacuuming and wiping down all the surfaces.
- The 8th Floor was visually inspected and re-sampled today.
- The contractor continued removing floor tile on the 1st Floor.
- The contractor is mobilizing to the opposite side of the corridor.
- Sample Results:
- Air samples taken last week on the 6th, 7th, and 8th Floors failed. Re-cleaning of these floors has been underway all week.
Dental School :
- Schindler started wiring the car top for Elevator # 3.
- They are installing the cable grippers (brakes) for Elevator # 4.
- Sherlocks Construction installed the temporary dust partition to separate the book store from the rest of the library.
- They removed the old carpet and began laying out the new walls.
- The temporary roof has been installed at the corner of the building on the Bolivar Street and loading dock side in front of Stairwell 7 and the penthouse.
- It was also glazed and sealed to prevent leaks.