Thursday, December 20, 2007
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator continues to install the stabilizing beam for Elevator #1 and the travel cables for Elevator #8.
- Siemens continues to demolish the existing fire alarm wiring on the 2nd Floor.
- Zimmer-Eschette began cleaning the ducts on the 2nd Floor.
- The carpet removal continues on the 4th Floor and is nearing completion.
- The contractor finished removing debris on the 4th Floor.
- The ceiling tile has been removed from the 4th Floor.
- The contractor continues to remove sheetrock with visible mold behind the baseboards on the 6th and 7th Floors.
- The peeling paint has been removed from the 5th Floor.
- The contractor continues to complete the final remediation and cleaning of the 5th Floor; HEPA-vacuuming and wiping down all surfaces.
- The contractor began removing floor tile on the opposite side of the corridor on the 1st floor (near Rm. 116).
- The rooms in which the floor tile has been removed were visually inspected and tested.
- The re-sampled duct on the 7th Floor passed clearance.
Dental School :
- Schindler continued wiring the car top for Elevator #3 and installing the cable grippers (brakes) for Elevator #4.
- Sherlocks Construction covered the existing carpet in the area of the temporary book store and brought the rest of the material to the project site.
- The installation of shrubs and trees on the S. Roman St. side of MEB at the entrance/exit of the loading dock/service area has been completed. Inclement weather has delayed crews from making additional progress.