Friday, January 11, 2008
- Ordes continues to make a panel schedule for the electrical panels in the basement.
- Insulators from Arc Mechanical are insulating some domestic water and chilled water lines.
- Siemens is trouble-shooting the fire alarm wiring in the basement, 8th Floor, and the mechanical and animal care rooms on the roof.
- Stratos Elevator is wiring the cab station for Elevator #7.
- The contractor is installing the governor cables for Elevator #1.
- Zimmer-Eschette continues to coat the ducts on the 6th Floor.
- Carpet is being removed from the 2nd Floor
- The remaining ceiling tile has been removed from the 2nd Floor.
- Zimmer finished removing the countertops, lab benches, and building debris from the 2nd Floor.
- Zimmer continues the re-cleaning of the 4th Floor.
- The contractor continues to remove the peeling paint in the corridor and rooms along the Tulane Ave. side of the building.
- Zimmer completed removing the floor tile from Room 756.
- The 7th Floor failed the visual inspection due to the overspray of encapsulant.
- The contractor is removing the overspray.
- The painting contractor continues to float the walls on the 1st and 8th Floors.
- The 8th floor is nearly complete with the exception of Room 866 which needs to be re-sampled for clearance and a couple of rooms that are awaiting clearance results.
- Trison Constructors are installing the framing and sheetrock for the new network closet in Room 356.
- Sample Results:
- Room 866 failed to pass TEM clearance for asbestos floor tile removal, due to a contaminated sample.
- The 5th Floor passed clearance for lead testing.
Dental School :
- Sherlock Construction installed temporary lights inside their work area for early morning starts on the temporary bookstore project.
- Schindler remounted the door operator for Elevator car # 3.
- They developed a punch list on the freight elevator in preparation for the certification inspection.
- Needham Roofing began delivering materials and equipment to the site as they prepare to begin the roof replacement project.
MEB Roof Replacement:
- The contractor has completed a signification portion of the temporary roof on the Perdido Street side of the roof and is moving to the Allied Health/Nursing side of the building.
- They have completed demolition of the lightweight ballast on the Allied Health/Nursing side (on top of the boilers) and have started priming that section of roof.
Exterior Lighting Project:
of the lights continued on the Roman St. Side of the Allied Health/Nursing Building.
of new entry lights began at the Allied Health/Nursing Building.
started mobilizing for the installation of new lights in the 440 parking lot,
Student Lot #1, and the Residence Hall lot.
- Crews continued installing irrigation piping and sprinklers and covering the trenches on the Perdido St. side of the MEB.