Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Dental School :
- Needham Roofing began installing the pitch pans on the roof.
- They unloaded unnecessary material from the Clinic and Administration Building roofs and loaded the metal flashing material.
- Sherlocks Construction relocated a vent pipe to allow room for Kells Exhibit to fit in the vestibule.
- They also worked on balancing the HVAC air supply to the temporary bookstore space.
- Schindler continued their work on the rear doors of the freight elevator.
- Schindler has provided LSUHSC with a quotation to repair the damage done by the intrusion of rain water during the storms yesterday afternoon.
- The State Elevator Inspector will be asked to inspect the damage and verify the quote. Once that has been completed, LSUHSC will immediately issue a Purchase Order for the repair work.
- The current estimate from Schindler to complete these repairs is six weeks from the receipt of the Purchase Order.
- Stratos Elevator continues the repair work on Elevator #1 and #8.
- Siemens continues to work on the fire alarm devices.
- Zimmer finished coating the ducts on the 2nd Floor with the anti-microbial solution and continues to seal the remaining access holes that were cut into the 2nd Floor ducts that allowed the cleaning to be completed.
- Zimmer continues to remove building debris from the rear sections of the building.
- The contractor began removing transite exhaust ducts from the 7th and 8th Floors.
- Zimmer crews finished removing the peeling paint from the 6th Floor and continues to clean on the 6th Floor in the rear of the building (old section) on the Charity side.
- Zimmer finished removing the mastic in the "A section" (over the garage) on the 3rd Floor following the floor tile removal.
- They are preparing the area for a visual inspection.
- The 3rd Floor corridor and offices along Tulane Ave. passed the visual inspection and test samples were taken.
- The painting contractor continued spraying the finish coat of paint on the 7th Floor in the corridors.
- They began spraying the finish coat in the corridors on the 5th and 6th Floors.
- The paint contractor is also floating and prepping the walls on the 4th Floor.
- The contractor began installing the new sheet rock on the 8th Floor to replace the drywall that was removed during the mold remediation process.
- The contractor is installing new ceiling grid "tees" on the 6th, 7th, and 8th Floors to convert the existing 2' x 4' ceilings to 2' x 2' ceilings.
- The contractor is also removing and replacing sections of damaged ceiling grid.