Thursday, February 21, 2008
Lions/LSU Clinic Permanent Repairs and
- The demo crew is working on 1st
and 2nd Floor to remove the old ceilings,
flooring, and walls were required.
1542 Tulane Ave.:
- Elevator Repairs
- Stratos Elevator Co continues to work on elevator #1, connecting wiring for the controller. Also, the contractor is connecting the emergency phone line for elevator #8.
- Fire Alarm Replacement
- Siemens is making connections to the fire alarm devices on the 5th floor.
- Zimmer-Eschette continues to clean on the 6th floor in the rear of the building (old section) on the I-10 side and the area behind the elevators. Also, the contractor is cleaning in the (old section) Charity side on the 5th floor.
- Floor Tile Removal
- Zimmer-Eschette finished removing floor tile on the 2nd floor in the corridor and offices along Tulane and is removing floor tile and mastic in the main corridor.
- The paint contractor is applying paint finish in the offices on the 8th floor.
- Drywall Replacement
- The contractor continues to float and prep the new sheetrock on the 5th floor to replace the drywall that was removed during the mold remediation. Also, the contractor continues to install new sheetrock on the 4th floor.
- Suspended Ceiling Repairs
- The contractor continues to install new ceiling grid "tees" on the 4th floor to convert the existing 2' x 4' ceilings to 2' x 2' ceilings.
- Network Wiring Upgrade
- Boe-tel continues to build the network rack on the 4th floor.
MEB Roof Replacement:
- The contractor is making slow progress
on installing the third ply on the roof due to the rains
over the last few days.
- Crews have been resealing all of the
roof penetrations and the walls that have been the source of
leaks through roof.
- Needham Roofing worked on correcting
leaks on the Clinic penthouse and the Administration Building revealed during the rains today.
- Sherlocks Construction began the
acoustical ceiling installation for the temporary bookstore
and worked on completing the sheet rock installation in the
Multiple Building 1st Floor
Ceiling Tile Installation:
- Trison continued to install ceiling
tiles on first floor of the Lions/LSU Clinic Building.
- Progress has been slower than
anticipated as crews have to accommodate the Quality
Group who is moving furniture belonging to the School of Public
Health out of the first
floor space where it was temporarily stored.