Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Lions/LSU Clinic Permanent Repair and Mitigation Project:
- The initial demolition continues on the 1st and 2nd Floors of the building.
- Stratos Elevator continues to work on the wiring and programming of the controllers for Elevator #1.
- Siemens continues to install new fire alarm wiring and devices on the on the 4th Floor.
- The 5th Floor in the rear of the building on the I-10 side, the Charity side, and the area behind the elevators passed the visual inspection and test samples were taken.
- The 2nd Floor areas where floor tile was removed passed the visual inspection and test samples were taken.
- The painting contractor continues to apply the finish paint in the offices on the 7th Floor.
- The contractor continues to float and prepare the new sheetrock on the 5th Floor for painting.
- This was to replace the drywall that was removed during the mold remediation.
- The contractor continues to install new sheetrock on the 4th Floor.
- The contractor finished installing new ceiling grid "tees" on the 3rd Floor to convert the existing 2' x 4' ceilings to 2' x 2' ceilings.
- Boe-Tel continues to connect the network station cables on the 4th Floor.
Dental School :
- Schindler worked on installing and adjusting the infrared door sensors, the floor selector, and the door operators for Elevator # 8.
- Durr Construction finished abating the inside of the 2nd barracks building ( Human Development Center ) and continued removing the transite wall panels from the exterior.
- They also began removing the debris from the HDC Library.
- Zimmer rebuilt the damaged flood wall sections using the correct sealant and are preparing to apply the block filler and the finish paint.
Downtown Landscaping Project:
- Crews continued installing irrigation pipe, sprinklers and the electrical conduit (for new bollard lights) on the Perdido St. side of the Residence Hall.
Exterior Lighting Project:
- New lights fitted to the light poles in 440 Perdido Street parking lot.
- New electrical cable is being pulled to the new light poles.
- Schindler has cleaned and sealed the interior metal panels installed on Elevator #1 at the Allied Health/Nursing Building.
- Crews will now begin installing the laminate covered interior panels and the new ceiling.