Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Lions/LSU Clinic - Permanent Repair and
- The initial demolition continued on 1st Floor.
- Sharp Electric disconnected power on 7th Floor in preparation for the start of demolition on 2/28/08.
1542 Tulane Ave.:
- Merit Sprinkler has removed the old sprinkler pump and piping and is replacing system.
- Stratos Elevator continues to work on wiring and programming of the controllers for Elevator #1.
- They are adjusting the counter-weights for Elevator #8.
- Siemens continues to install new fire alarm wiring and devices on the on the 4th Floor.
- Zimmer-Eschette began cleaning on the 4th Floor (old section) on the I-10 side of the building.
- We are awaiting sample results for the 2nd Floor (along Tulane & center corridor) following the removal of floor time.
- The contractor is mobilizing to the 8th Floor (old section) to begin floor tile removal.
- The painting contractor continues to apply the finish paint in the offices on the 7th Floor.
- The contractor began applying finish paint in the offices on the 5th Floor.
- The contractor finished floating and prepping the new sheetrock on the 5th Floor.
- The contractor continues to install new sheetrock on the 4th Floor (to replace the drywall that was removed during remediation) and is floating and prepping the new sheetrock.
- The contractor is painting the ceiling grid on the 6th and 8th Floors.
- Boe-Tel continues to wire the station cables on the 4th Floor.
- Needham Roofing worked on securing the
pitch pans around the roof penetrations on the Administration Building with
non-shrink grout and a polyurethane sealant.
- Sherlocks Construction completed the
ceiling grid installation and installed flex duct from the
supply ducts to the vents in the vestibule of the temporary
- They also finished the remainder
of the ceiling tile installation in the temporary
- Durr Construction continued removing
the debris from the HDC Library and the transite wall panels
from the 2nd barracks building (Human Development Center).
- Schindler completed wiring the top of
Elevator #8 and began wiring the elevator controls.
- Securitas has installed the electronic
magnetic locks at the entrance doors of the Administration
and Clinic Buildings.
- They have also installed the card
readers and run the wires for the intercom and the
Exterior Lighting Project:
- Frischhertz continued to put lights on
the new poles in the 440 Perdido parking lot in preparation
of install this week.
Downtown Landscaping Project:
- Crews installed additional irrigation
pipe and sprinklers as well as electrical conduit on the Perdido St. side of the Residence Hall.