Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Clinic Building Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- CMI continues the demolition on the 6th Floor.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator installed the elevator monitoring station in the University Police office on the 1st floor.
- Siemens is installing new fire alarm wiring and devices on the 2nd Floor.
- Zimmer-Eschette continues to remove the peeling paint and is cleaning on the 2nd Floor in the old section on the I-10 side of the building.
- The contractor is floating and preparing the new sheetrock on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- The contractor began removing floor tiles in the stairwells along Tulane Ave.
- The 4th Floor passed the visual inspection and was tested.
- The painting contractor is trimming around the windows and walls on the 4th Floor.
- The ceiling tile contractor continues to paint the ceiling grid on the 4th Floor.
Dental School :
- Sherlocks Construction received the new circuit panel today. It will provide power to the temporary bookstore and several outlets on the north side of the Library.
- Schindler worked on adjusting the equipment and the ride for Elevator # 8.
- Securitas continued working on the installation of new security equipment at the Clinic Building.
- The intercom system has been installed with speakers at each entrance to the Clinic Building .
- Crews are still working on installing the cameras that will be located at the building entrances.
- Frischhertz continues to remove the old lights that were installed under the I-10 in the 440 Perdido St. parking lot.
- All of the new light poles in Student Lot #1 have been wired.
- The new electrical service continues to be built at the entrance to the lot.
- The switch over to the new service should take place later this week.