Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Permanent Repair and Mitigation Projects:
- The FEMA Health & Research team has completed preparing the PW versions and Section 406 Hazard Mitigation recommendations for the Resource Center and the Allied Health/Nursing Building.
- LSUHSC and the Office of Facility Planning and Control have signed off on the recommendations and they are being submitted for review within FEMA which should lead to their formal approval and funds being obligated.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator is cleaning the granite walls in the elevator lobbies of Elevators #1, #2, & #3.
- Stratos changed all of the damaged light bulbs for the Position Indicators (P.I.) on all floors for Elevators #1, #2, & #3.
- With the final cleaning and mitigation completed in the area, Siemens resumed the installation of the new fire alarm wiring and devices on the 3rd Floor in the old section of the building on the Charity Hospital side.
- Zimmer-Eschette finished removing the peeling paint and continues to clean on the 2nd floor in the old section on the I-10 side of the building.
- The contractor has begun removing the peeling paint on the 2nd floor (old section) on the Charity Hospital side of the building.
- The contractor is sanding and prepping the walls and new sheetrock on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- The contractor continues to remove floor tiles in the stairwells along the Tulane Ave. side of the structure.
- The painting contractor continues to trim around the windows and walls on the 4th Floor and is installing the electrical wall plates.
- The contractor continues to paint the ceiling grid on the 4th Floor and has started painting the grid on the 3rd Floor.
Dental School :
- Sherlocks Construction examined the new layout for the electrical cores for the cash registers in the temporary bookstore and has verified the new locations.
- Schindler continued adjusting the equipment and the ride of Elevator # 8.
- The metal panels have been installed inside the elevator cab.
- In the 440 Perdido St. parking lot, the contractor is installing the new lights that are mounted underneath Interstate 10.
- The new electrical service for Student Lot #1 continues to be constructed.
- Crews installed one half of the 2nd irrigation station on the Bolivar St. side of the Residence Hall.
- They installed the irrigation controller for the Pocket Park located in Student Parking Lot # 2 and connected the control wires to the valves and the controller.