Thursday, March 20, 2008
Lions/LSU Clinic Permanent Repairs & Mitigation:
- On Monday, March 24th, the contractor
responsible for the Lions/LSU Clinics Building permanent
repairs and mitigation project will shut down Elevators #3
and #4 in order to begin dry flood-proofing the elevator
modifications are being done to reduce damages and downtime
in case of any future flood event.
- The work on the pit for Elevators
#3 and #4 will take approximately 8 weeks, during which
time only elevators #1 and #2 will be available for
- Once the pit work is complete for
Elevators #3 and #4, the elevators will be returned to
- The contractor will then begin
work on the pit for Elevators #1 and #2. The freight elevator pit will be the last one
1542 Tulane Ave.:
- Stratos Elevator completed the construction and installation of
the temporary walls for Elevator #8.
- They are working on punch-list items for Elevators #1, #2, and #3.
- Siemens continues to install new fire alarm wiring and devices along the center corridor of the 2nd Floor.
- They are testing the fire alarm devices installed.
- Zimmer-Eschette continued cleaning on the 1st Floor (old
section) on the Charity side and in the Shipping and Receiving
- The contractor continues to sand and prep the walls on the 2nd
- The contractor is removing the floor tile from the 2nd Floor in
the old section, on the Charity side of the building.
- The painting contractor is applying the finish paint around the
windows and doors on the 3rd Floor in the offices along Tulane
- The contractor continues with the installation of ceiling tiles
on Floors 1 - 7.
- Royerre Commercial Carpets continued prepping the flooring and
installing new carpet tiles on the 6th Floor in the offices
along Tulane Ave. and along the center corridor.
- Concrete Busters finished removing the
debris from the HDC Bldg #119 and demolished the concrete
sidewalk at the HDC Administration Building (#138).
- Sherlocks Construction completed the
wiring of the lights in the vestibule outside the temporary
- They also began pulling the
data/phone wires for the front counter registers.
- Schindler programmed the emergency
telephone, cleaned the hoist way and cleaned the car-top for
- They also corrected the dispatch
problem on Elevator #6 and #7.
- Securitas began the installation of
the pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) camera in the middle of the
Administration Building, 1st Floor lobby.
- LSUHSC Facilities personnel helped
with the installation of the mounting locations and
brackets for the three still cameras in the lobby.
- Securitas started the installation
of one of the cameras.
- Securitas also started installing
the cameras located in the temporary bookstore and the
camera by the ATM.
Downtown Landscaping Project:
- New 'Drake' Chinese Elm trees were
planted in the sidewalk planters around the Allied
Health/Nursing Building and the MEB.