Friday, March 7, 2008
Clinic Bldg. Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- The interior demolition continued on 7th Floor.
- Demolition of the old ceiling continued on 6th Floor.
- The old cabinetry on the 6th Floor is being removed.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator returned Elevator #2 to active service.
- They are installing the PI (Position Indicator) devices for Elevators # 7 & #8 on the 1st floor.
- The contractor is load testing Elevator #1 and running the elevator car at normal speed.
- Siemens finished connecting the new wires to the fire alarm devices on the 3rd Floor along Tulane Ave. and in the center corridor.
- The 3rd Floor fire alarm wiring in the old section is on-hold until the remediation is complete.
- Siemens began pulling new wiring and connecting the fire alarm devices on the 2nd Floor along the Tulane Ave. side of the building.
- Zimmer-Eschette began coating the duct interiors and sealing the access holes cut into ducts on the 1st Floor in the old section of the building.
- Zimmer finished cleaning on the 3rd Floor in the old section on the I-10 side.
- The 3rd Floor passed the visual inspection and air samples were taken.
- The contractor began removing the peeling paint and cleaning on the 2nd Floor in the old section on the I-10 side of the building.
- The contractor finished floating and preparing the new sheetrock on the 4th Floor for paint.
- They began prepping and floating the new sheetrock on the 3rd Floor.
- The contractor finished removing floor tile on the 5th Floor in the old section of the building on the Charity side.
- The 5th Floor passed visual inspection and samples were taken.
- The contractor began removing floor tiles on the 4th Floor in the old section of the building.
- The painting contractor finished applying touch-up paint in the offices on Floors 6 - 8 and has completed most of the touch-up in the offices on the 5th Floor.
- The contractor finished trimming the ceiling grid on the 5th - 8th Floors and has resumed work on the 4th Floor.
- Trison Constructors installed the new 30A NEMA - L6 power outlet for the network closet on the 6th floor (Room 655).
Dental School :
- Schindler installed the top limits on Elevator # 8 in the Administration Building .
- Frischhertz is aiming the new lights that were installed in the 440 Perdido St. parking lot.
- Frischhertz continues to dress the new light poles in Student Lot #1.