Thursday, April 10, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos is testing Elevators #1, #2, and #3 in preparation for the final inspection by the State Elevator Inspector.
- Technicians are installing the finishes and fixtures.
- Zimmer-Eschette is re-cleaning miscellaneous areas throughout the building on various floors in the old section of the building.
- Cleaning in the corridor and elevator lobby on the 1st Floor in the old section of the building will resume as the re-cleaning is completed.
- The painting contractor finished painting the offices along the center corridor of the 1st Floor and the painters are applying touch-up paint in the mezzanine offices.
- The contractor began trimming and installing the edge and corner ceiling tiles on the 4th Floor.
- Royerre Commercial Carpet installer finished installing the carpet tiles on the 4th Floor.
- They are installing cove base and transition strips on the 4th Floor.
- Boe-Tel finished terminating the station cables in the offices on the 3rd Floor along Tulane Ave.
- Herman Miller Group continues to install furniture for the offices along the center corridor on the 7th Floor.
- Approximately 12 pallets of new light fixtures were delivered to the site.
- The contractor continued work on the installation of the new fixtures on the 5th, 6th, and 7th Floors.
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- CMI is continuing to frame the new walls on the 6th and 7th Floors.
- The electrical rough in continues on the 6th Floor.
- The exterior windows and casements are still being cleaned on the 1st Floor.
Dental School :
- Zimmer completed the demolition of the concrete slab from the Auto Shop (Bldg. # 141).
- They also demolished the HDC Storage Bldg. (#101).
- Some debris remains to be hauled off.
- Needham Roofing removed an additional 6 squares of material from the Power Plant roof and installed the new insulation, decking and the granulated 2nd ply material.
- Schindler continues working on the punch list for Elevators # 6, #7, and #8.
- They began removing their material and debris from the basement and the penthouse of the Administration Building .
- Sherlocks Construction began running conduit for the transformer and circuit panels that will expand the electrical capacity for future power requirements in the Bookstore and Library.
- Frischhertz is continuing the installation of new lights and conduit in the Residence Hall Parking Lot under I-10.