Thursday, April 03, 2008
NOTICE: As part of our continuing efforts to improve
the safety and security of our campus, our next phase of Access Control will be
activated on Monday, April 14. During
normal working hours, Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM, anyone will be
able to come and go as they do presently.
After those hours, on weekends and on holidays, access will only be
permitted with official picture ID cards.
These cards are proximity cards and will activate readers placed at
entry doors or elevators where Access Control has been installed.
faculty, staff and students (and MCLNO employees on the downtown campus) will
be able to gain access at any time with your picture ID proximity card. Some areas will be restricted to only specifically
authorized individuals such as loading dock doors, animal care areas, the 7th
floor data center in the Resource Center and certain core
- Stratos Elevator continues to work on punch-list items for Elevators #1, #2, and #3; cleaning the elevator doors, guides, and thresholds.
- Siemens is installing smoke detectors in the elevator shaft of Elevator #8.
- Zimmer-Eschette began cleaning the corridor and elevator lobby on the 1st floor in the old section of the building.
- The painting contractor continues to apply finish paint in the offices on the 3rd Floor along the center corridor.
- Painters are applying the final coats of paint in the corridor and offices along the Tulane Ave. portion of the building on the 2nd Floor.
- They are also applying finish paint in the offices along the center corridor on the 2nd Floor.
- The ceiling tile contractor continues to trim and install the edge and corner tiles on the 5th Floor.
- Royerre Commercial Carpet continues installing new carpet tiles, transition strips, and cove base on the 5th and 7th Floors.
- Boe-Tel finished constructing the new network rack for the 3rd Floor network closet.
- They finished installing and terminating the new station cables on the 8th Floor.
- The contractor terminated and tested the wiring and connections for the 1st Floor network closet.
- Hogue and Assoc. is installing new ceiling lights on the 6th Floor.
Dental School :
- Campus Federal Credit Union installed the permanent ATM in the vestibule of the temporary bookstore.
- The temporary machine that has been located in the breezeway will be removed tomorrow.
Downtown Landscaping Project:
- The crews installed nozzles on all of the sprinklers around the Residence Hall and fully activated the system to run according to the programming on the controller.
- They started the final grading on the Perdido St. side of the Residence Hall.
Lions/LSU Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- CMI is framing up the 7th Floor lab and is finishing the demolition on the 6th Floor.
Exterior Lighting Project:
- Frischhertz started running pipe for the new lights under the Interstate in the Residence Hall Parking Lot.