Wednesday, May 28, 2008
There will be a power outage at the Lions/LSU Clinics Building on Saturday, May
31st from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM. This
outage will affect receptacles and lighting.
During the outage there will be emergency power to maintain emergency
lights and service to some specific equipment in the building; these items are
plugged into red receptacles. The
regular receptacles and lights will be off in sections of the building as the
electrical risers are shut down for this work.
Between 7:00 AM and 9:00 AM, the freight elevator side ( Prieur Street side)
of the building will be shut down.
Between 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM, the Bolivar side of the building will be
note that only the equipment already plugged into the red receptacles should be
plugged into them. Plugging in
additional pieces of equipment will cause all equipment to fail if circuits are
overloaded. We expect all air
conditioning, exhaust, and pumping to operate, as their power source will not
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos is installing the electronic infrared door sensors for Elevator #7.
- Zimmer finished cleaning the vestibule in the auditorium on the 1st Floor.
- RCC is patching and prepping Room 115 for the installation of new VCT.
- Trison is painting the ceiling tiles installed over the patched plaster ceilings on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Floors.
- The contractor finished painting the door frames in the new construction walls.
- They continue to stain the new doors.
- Hogues and Associates are installing the new corridor lights in the center corridors on the 6th through the 8th Floors.
- Premier Source Inc. continues to grind the terrazzo flooring in the main corridor on the 8th Floor.
Dental School :
- Needham Roofing has begun replacing the water damaged roof material on the Administration Building .
- Crews tore off and replaced 52 squares of the base material.
- The crews completed most of the trenching around the Resource Center for the 2" irrigation main and the valve control wires.
- Elevator #5 in the Allied Health/Nursing Building has been inspected and certified for normal use.
- All of the contracted upgrades for elevators in this building are complete; however Schindler will be rewiring Elevators #1 and #3 to be consistent with the others.
- The rewiring of Elevator #1 is in progress.