Tuesday, May 6, 2008
MEB Roof Replacement:
- Crawford has completed the installation of the majority of the mineral cap sheet (final layer) on the main roof.
- A small section of the roof at the corner of S. Roman St. and Perdido St. remains to be completed.
- New stands for the air handling units (AHUs) that supply the penthouse and elevator rooms are being set on the main roof.
Dental School :
- The Freight elevator has been certified and released for normal operation.
- Needham Roofing installed pitch pans at the penetrations for the roof top equipment on the east side of the Clinic Building main roof.
- They also began installing the granulated cap sheet (final layer) on the main roof.
- Stratos continues changing the lobby door hardware on Elevator #7.
- They have started to replace the tracks and rollers.
- The 1st Floor side entrance and elevator lobby in the old section of the building was opened today.
- The asbestos abatement of the floor tiles on the 1st Floor is complete. Testing will be done Thursday.
- The painting crews finished the back stairwell on the Claiborne side of the building.
- They have started prepping and painting in the stairwell on the Tulane Ave./I-10 side of the building.
- Royerre Commercial Carpet continues to install cove base and transition strips on the 1st and 2nd Floors.
- Boe-Tel finished installing the telephone feeder cables serving the network closet on the 2nd Floor.
- The Herman-Miller Group is installing furniture in offices on Floors 3 through 7.
- Hogues & Associates is changing out the lay-in fixtures in the hallway on Floors 2 through 7.
- Trison is sealing the corridor ceiling holes on the 6th, 7th, and 8th Floors.
- The contractor has started floating the sheetrock on the temporary walls that separate the rear portion of the building from the center and front sections that we will occupy.
- They are currently working on Floors 7 and 8.
Lions/LSU Clinic Building Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- CMI continues to install sheetrock on the new walls on Floors 2 and 7.
- The electrical work continues on Floors 2, 6 and 7.
- The work on the mechanical systems on Floors 6 and 7 is progressing.
Downtown Landscaping Project:
- The crews completed the installation of new bedding plants and mulch on the Perdido St. and Bolivar St. sides of the MEB.
- The remaining work at the MEB cannot be completed until the MEB roof replacement is finished.