Wednesday, June 4, 2008
On Saturday, June 7th, 2008 from 7:00 AM until 6:00 PM, the contractor will be
core drilling the floor on the 6th Floor of the Lions/LSU Clinic Building. Core
drilling is the process of drilling holes large enough for pipes to be run
through a concrete slab. In the case of
the Lions/LSU Clinic Building, the slab is a post-tension type. Drilling through a post-tension slab can be
dangerous. Therefore, no one is allowed
to occupy Floors 5 or 6 during the above times.
Furthermore, we strongly recommend that no one plan on occupying any
floor in the Lions/LSU Clinic Building during these hours. This work will provide the expanded
infrastructure needed in this building.
1542 Tulane Ave.:
- Stratos continues the repair work on Elevator #7.
- Trison began patching additional holes in the plaster ceilings on Floors 1 - 4.
- Premier Source Inc. finished polishing the terrazzo floor on the 7th Floor in the center corridor and along the Tulane Ave. Side of the building.
- The contractor began grinding the terrazzo on the 5th Floor along Tulane Ave.
Lions/LSU Clinic Building Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- The removal of the exterior slab to prepare for the new exterior stairwell on the front of the building continues.
- Dry flood-proofing of the pit for Elevator #2 and #3 continues.
- Sheetrock continues to be installed on the 2nd Floor.
- CMI continues working on the plumbing systems, mechanical systems, electrical systems, sheetrock, and fire sprinklers on the 6th Floor.
- CMI is working on the plumbing in the new laboratory on the 7th Floor.
Downtown Landscaping Project:
- The new 2" irrigation main around the Resource Center was activated.
- Crews began installing pipe and sprinkler heads for Stations 4 & 5 which are located on either side of the steps leading to the main entrance.
- The automatic controller has been installed in the generator room.