Thursday, June 5, 2008
- Stratos is changing the travel cables for Elevator #7.
- Zimmer-Eschette is cleaning the control booth and the storage room in the auditorium.
- RCC installed VCT and carpet in the corridor behind the auditorium.
- Premier Source Inc. continues to grind the terrazzo on the Tulane Ave. corridor on the 5th Floor.
- The contractor began installing mini-blinds in offices on the 7th and 8th Floors.
Resource Center 3rd
Floor - Library Commons Project:
- Construction walls have been repositioned to allow the completion of demolition.
- All the walls, flooring, ceilings and grid, the rest of the storefront including the automatic doors and the storefront ceiling braces have been removed from the elevator lobby.
- In the areas outside of the elevator lobby, all the walls, lighting, electrical, and ductwork has been removed.
- The temporary string lights have been hung.
- The emergency egress route has been marked on the floor.
- The restroom walls and ceiling requiring demolition have been completed.
Lions/LSU Clinic Building Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- Removal of the slab from the front of the building to make room for the new exterior stairwell continues.
- Dry flood-proofing of the pit for Elevators #2 and #3 continues.
- CMI is working on sheetrock and electrical on the 2nd Floor.
- CMI continues working on the plumbing, mechanical, electrical, sheetrock, and fire sprinklers on the 6th Floor.
- CMI is working on plumbing on the 7th Floor.
MEB 2nd Floor Lobby Renovation:
- Zimmer was removing the tile and storefront material that was demolished last week and earlier this week.
Downtown Landscaping Project:
- Crews completed the installation of pipe and sprinklers for Irrigation Station # 4 which serves the grassy area on the Bolivar St. side of the Resource Center.
- They flushed Station # 3 to remove debris from the lines.
- Approximately one half of Station # 5 which serves the planting beds was installed.
- Power was connected to the Resource Center Building automatic irrigation controller.
- Crews worked on installing conduit to run the irrigation valve control wires inside the building to the controller.