Friday, June 6, 2008
NOTICE: From Monday, June 9th, at approximately 3:00
PM until approximately 7:30 AM on Wednesday, June 11th, the 4 main passenger
elevators in the Medical Education Building
will not stop on the 2nd floor. This is
to allow the contractor to complete the floor demolition in front of the
elevators during the nighttime hours.
The stairwells and rear elevators will not be affected.
anticipate that there will be further events such as this and we will do
everything possible to provide as much notice as practical. Additionally, the path to walk through the
lobby will change as the demolition and construction progresses. Please be alert and expect to find changes in
the path daily. We will do our best to
assist by providing directional signage.
Dental School :
- Needham Roofing finished installing the granulated cap sheet on the roof of the Administration Building and is nearing completion on the 5th Floor balcony roof.
- The flashing has been installed on the Administration Building roof.
- They pressure washed the Clinic Building penthouse and parapet walls.
- They have begun pressure washing the parapet walls on the Administration Building roof in preparation for the application of the waterproof sealant.
- The upgrade of Elevator #2 is complete and it has been released for normal use.
- Schindler started the upgrade work on Elevator #1.
- They have removed the cab interior.
1542 Tulane Ave.:
- Stratos continues to change out the travel cables for Elevator #7.
- Premier Source Inc finished grinding the terrazzo in the corridor on the 5th Floor along the Tulane Ave. side of the building.
- They are polishing the newly ground terrazzo in the Tulane Ave. corridor.
- Crews are also grinding the terrazzo along the center corridor.
- The contractor finished installing mini-blinds on the 7th and 8th Floors.
- They began installing mini-blinds on the 5th and 6th Floors.
Residence Hall 2nd Floor Expansion:
- Zimmer continues the demolition of the old flooring in the middle of the lobby area.
- The replacement of the air handling unit serving the 2nd Floor has begun.
- The demolition of the wall enclosing the AHU has been completed.
- Demolition of the old AHU has begun.
MEB 4th Floor - MDL #5 Renovations:
- The new casework is on order.
MEB Lecture Rooms A & B Renovations:
- Trison is completing the installation of new electrical conduits in Lecture Room A and continues to work in Lecture Room B.
- New floor duct will be installed under the slab for the new A/V wires at the podium.
Downtown Landscaping Project:
- Crews finished installing the nozzles on irrigation sprinklers in the grassy areas on the Bolivar St. side of the Resource Center .
- They completed running the irrigation valve control wires through the conduit from outside the building to the automatic controller located inside the generator room.