July 25, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator continues replacing the hoist cables for Elevator #7 and work progresses on the repairs to Elevator #4.
- The general contractor completed installing suspended ceilings in all department head offices on Floors 4 through 8.
- Crews continue installing suspended ceilings throughout the building.
- Patching of walls continues on Floors 7 and 6.
- The contractor continues painting offices and working on punch list items.
- The mechanical contractor is installing new piping and removing obsolete fan coil units in the new lounge areas.
- Electrical and mechanical contractors are servicing the old fan coil units in offices throughout the building.
- The lighting contractor continued installing light fixtures in the hallways.
- The sandblasting contractor continues resurfacing the front steps of the building.
- Major building cleaning efforts are underway on the 1st, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Floors.
Roman St. Parking
- The painting contractor continues sealing the top floor of the structure.
Perimeter Fencing Project:
- New conduit was installed and electrical lines run to the parking lot gate controllers for Student Lots #2 and #3.
- The contractor continues installing the steel support in Room 4123A for the partition storage area.
Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- Zimmer continues framing the fur down in the student lounge on the Roman St. side of the building.
Floor Lobby Renovations:
- Crews are removing the old moisture barrier affixed to the concrete sub-floor.
Clinic Building Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- The contractor continues to float sheetrock in the conference rooms on the 6th Floor.
- LSUHSC Facility Services electricians continue the electrical rough-in in the student multimedia rooms.
- Crews completed installing sheetrock at the header of the exterior walls and completed approximately three quarters of the wall framing.
- The contractor continues to raise the HVAC duct work to the maximum height possible.
- Auxiliary Enterprises began running network cables toward the administrative offices.
- Needham Roofing continues coring holes for the conduit being installed through the Administration Building roof.
- The second and third cores were completed and the fourth core started.
- Permanent cover boxes were installed over the completed cores and a temporary patch was installed over the incomplete core.
Hall 2nd Floor Lobby Expansion:
- The contractor cut an opening on the exterior faÃ§ade of the lobby to allow for field verification and field dimensioning related to the installation of the new steel.
Hall Elevated Walkway Resurfacing:
- The contractor continues to chip and grind the surface to prepare for the installation of the next layer of flooring.
To Wellness Security:
- The access control contractor is pulling wire to the new storefront doors installed at the Derbigny St. entrance.
- New trash compactors for Sister Stanislaus Memorial Hall and the CSRB were delivered and set in place.