Monday, July 28, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- The elevator contractor continues replacing the hoist cables for Elevator #7, while the repairs on Elevator #4.
- The general contractor continues installing suspended ceilings, patching walls and working on punch list items throughout the building.
- The installation of new fan coil units in the lounge areas is proceeding.
- Electrical and mechanical contractors are servicing the existing fan coil units in offices throughout the building.
- The lighting contractor continues installing ceiling light fixtures in the hallways.
- The sandblasting contractor continues resurfacing the front steps.
- The contractor began removing the old windows from the front light well in the old cafeteria and will begin work to seal up the opening tomorrow.
- LSUHSC Facility Services personnel continue installing new fan coil units, removing old FCUs, and installing air conditioning in the rear lobbies.
- Crews also made repairs to the sidewalks and cleaned the area around the rear of building.
- Crews completed the installation of the interior signs on Floors 5 through 8.
MDL #5 Renovations:
- The contractor continues installing steel support in Room 4123A for the partition storage area.
- The plumbing demolition continues.
- The contractor completed framing the partition for the track and is installing gypsum board for sound insulation.
Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- The contractor finished framing the fur down at the student lounge on the Bolivar Street side of the building.
Floor Lobby Renovations:
- The process of removing the old flooring underlayment continues.
Clinic Building Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- The contractor has begun removing walls on Floors 2 through 4; preparing for the installation of steel beams for new exterior stairwell.
- The installation of drywall continues on the 6th Floor.
- The contractor is piping in the VAVâ€™s on 6th Floor.
- The old storm drain has been removed from the 6th Floor to make room for new construction.
- The planned shut down of Medical Air and Medical Gas went well on Saturday.
- There were no reported problems following the installation of new valves on the 6th Floor and the systems were re-started.
- Electricians are connecting the AHU on the 1st Floor.
- CMU walls are being installed in the mechanical room located on the Bolivar St. side of the 1st Floor.
- Sprinkler pipe is being installed on the 6th Floor.
- LSUHSC Facility Services electricians continue the electrical rough-in work.
- The contractor cored the holes for the plumbing and electrical work to support the Coffee Kiosk and the Commons area on Saturday.
- Work on the bulk head continued today.
- On Saturday, the contractor installed new duct work from the Commons Area to the existing Library HVAC system and completed raising the ducts to their maximum heights.
- Auxiliary Enterprises continues to run network cables to the rear of the Library from the electrical closet in the Commons area.
- The roofing contractor finished coring holes for conduit on roof of the Administration Building and installed permanent cover boxes and fasteners.
- Infrared Analyzers, Inc. performed moisture tests on the roof of the Administration, Clinic, and Power Plant Buildings.
Hall 2nd Floor Lobby Expansion:
- The contractor completed the ductwork insulation for new AHU on the mezzanine level
- They painted the new mechanical room walls.
Hall Elevated Walkway Re-surfacing:
- The contractor continued applying the overlayment during weekend.
- The duct cleaning in the CSRB is complete.
- Project closeout activities are underway.