Thursday, July 31, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator continues replacing the hoist cables for Elevator #7 and the repair work progresses on Elevator #4.
- The general contractor continues installing the suspended ceilings, patching walls and working on punch list items.
- The mechanical contractor continues to install new fan coil units in the lounges on the 6th and 7th Floors.
- The lighting contractor is installing exit lights in the hallways.
- Contractor continues to close in and seal the old light well in the cafeteria.
- LSUHSC Facility Services personnel continue installing new fan coil units, removing old FCUs, removing old ductwork from the basement, and installing new locksets.
MDL #5 Renovations:
- The contractor continues installation of gypsum board for sound insulation.
- They continue to rough in the plumbing (gas, air, & vacuum) to supply the new casework.
Floor Lobby Renovations:
- The flooring underlayment removal continues.
4th Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- The contractor continues installing wall angle for the new ceiling grid in the corridors on the loading dock side of the building.
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- Crews are applying Level 5 finish to the new sheetrock on the 6th Floor.
- The mechanical sub-contractor continues piping in the new VAVs and running the hot water mains that supply the VAVs on the 6th Floor.
- The contractor is working in ceiling of the 5th Floor to install the floor drains and waste lines for the new 6th Floor bathrooms on the S. Prieur side of the building.
- Electricians are running conduit in the 5th Floor ceiling for the new Stryker equipment that will be installed in the new Learning Center .
- Sprinkler pipe is being installed throughout the 6th Floor.
- The contractor is removing windows from the 4th Floor to accommodate the construction of the new exterior stairwell.
- The roofing contractor is un-clogging the roof drains.
- Needham Roofing continues installing weather-sealing membrane around the perimeter of roof mounted exhaust stacks.
- The project to renovate Auditoriums A & B is about to begin.
- The architects held the pre-construction meeting today.