Friday, August 1, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- The elevator contractor continues to complete repairs to Elevator #4.
- The general contractor continues patching walls, painting and working on punch list items.
- The contractor continues to close in and seal the light well in the old cafeteria.
- LSUHSC Facility Services personnel continue installing new fan coil units, removing old FCUs, insulating new FCUs, and installing locksets.
Perimeter Fencing Project:
- The installation of the new decorative fence continues on the Poydras St. and Perdido St. sides of both student parking lots.
- The roofing contractor is caulking windows on the 5th Floor balcony and continues to unclog roof drains.
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- Crews continue to apply the Level 5 finish to the new sheetrock on the 6th Floor.
- The last of the metal stud walls are being constructed on the 6th Floor.
- The contractor is reconnecting the elevators.
- The Sister Stanislaus Memorial Hall trash compactor was delivered and installed.
- The trash compactor for the Lions/LSU Clinic Building was delivered.
- The LSUHSC Facility Services electricians continue to complete the electrical rough-in.
- LSUHSC Auxiliary Enterprises continues rerouting wires for network connections for rear offices.
MDL #5 Renovations:
- The contractor completed installing gypsum board for sound insulation.
- The rough in of the new plumbing (gas, air, & vacuum) for new casework is proceeding.
- The crew began installing the track for the partition wall.
Floor Lobby Renovations:
- The removal of the existing flooring underlayment continues.
Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- The contractor continues installing the wall angle for ceiling grid in corridors.