Wednesday, August 13, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator crews continue to complete repair work on Elevator #4.
- The general contractor continues patching walls and painting on the 5th Floor.
- Demolition of the 3rd and 4th Floor annex space continues.
- The demolition of the existing sidewalk along Tulane Ave. is underway.
- The contractor is also working on grading the site and laying out the new sidewalk in front of the building.
- The contractor continues dry proofing light well enclosures that have been sealed.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continues adjusting fan coil units, installing locksets, working on maintenance items throughout the building, and installing signage.
- The lighting contractor continues installing lights on various floors.
- The window blind vendor delivered and installed new blinds in various rooms.
- They began making punch list repairs.
- The Herman Miller Group set-up and arranged new furniture in offices on the 8th Floor in the final layout.
Campus Roof Replacement:
- The roofing contractor continues to work on punch-list items, including caulking and weather-proofing.
- The contractor began removing domestic water connections in the auditoriums.
- The contractor began removing wall panels on the 8th Floor.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continues with the electrical rough-in for the Coffee Kiosk.
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- The contractor continues installing door frames on the 7th Floor.
- The mechanical sub-contractor is piping in the new AHU on the 1st Floor on the S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- Crews are demolishing the bathrooms located on the 6th Floor on the Bolivar St. side.
- The VAVs on 6th Floor are still being piped in.
- The electricians are running copper cable from the Entergy vault to the new switchgear.
MDL #5 Renovations:
- The contractor completed installing the new ceiling grid.
- The electrician continues installing light fixtures in the new grid.
Floor Lobby Renovations:
- The crews are taping and floating the new sheetrock.
Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- Contractor continues working on the installation of the new ceiling grid.
- They are approximately forty-five percent complete.
- The contractor started taping and floating the new sheetrock ceilings in the student lounge areas.