Wednesday, August 20, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Zimmer-Eschette completed patching walls and painting on the 5th Floor.
- The elevator contractor is pulling wire and hanging travel cable for Elevator #4.
- They are wiring the controller for Elevator #7.
- The demolition of the 2nd and 3rd Floor areas where lounges will be constructed is in progress.
- Crews have finishing installing fan coil units on Floors 4 through 7.
- The insulation sub-contractor completed work on the fan coil unit pipes and has begun insulating the piping in the hallways.
- The demolition of the 3rd and 4th Floor annex interiors continues.
- The terrazzo honing of the 1st Floor is complete with the exception of the final polishing.
- They are also working on Stairwell D in the rear of the building.
- LSUHSC Facility Services crews continue preparing doors for locksets on the 3rd and 4th Floors.
- They are working on maintenance items throughout the building.
- Plumbers capped most of the water lines on the 3rd and 4th Floors. Approximately a dozen lines remain to be capped.
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- New sheetrock and insulation is being installed on the 7th Floor.
- Crews are piping in the supply and return mains to the new VAVs on the Bolivar/Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- The installation of new duct work is continuing on the S. Prieur/Gravier St. side of 6th Floor.
- The medical gas lines are being run to the simulation rooms on the 6th Floor.
- The heating hot water lines in the center of the 6th Floor are being insulated.
- The condensate line on the 6th Floor is being re-routed.
- Crews are continuing the installation of sheetrock and framing on the S. Prieur St. side of the 6th Floor.
- The contractor has started installing new glass on the CSRB side of the building.
- The roofing contractor continues to work on punch-list items.
- They are repairing and patching the roof in areas damaged by the torches.
- The contractor continues installing new electrical rough-ins and has begun installing the new ductwork.
Auditorium A&B Renovations
- The demolition of the old electrical and telecommunications wiring continues.
- Crews continue installing the new HVAC piping and drain lines.
- LSUHSC Facility Services electricians continue roughing in and routing the wiring for the wall switches.
- The contractor has almost completed the framing for the fur-out in the large media room.
- They have started on the fur-out in the small the media room.
- Auxiliary Enterprises continues organizing and routing data wires.
- The contractor continues relocating sprinkler heads, installing HVAC grills and installing return air grills in the new ceiling grid.
Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- The contractor continues relocating sprinkler heads to their new locations.
- They have started installing the new ceiling light fixtures in the rear corridor.
- The fur-down ceiling partitions received a 2nd coat of paint.
- The new ceiling tile has been delivered.
Hall 2nd Floor Lobby Expansion:
- The steel installation continues.