Friday, August 29, 2008
- All sandbags are in place and all missile hazards have been removed from the roofs and from around the buildings.
- All but one elevator and one freight elevator per building were removed from service and parked on upper floors.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Zimmer-Eschette crews continued demolition in the 1st Floor lounge and in the 3rd and 4th Floor annex spaces.
- The lighting contractor completed the installation of light fixtures in Stairwell C.
- LSUHSC Facility Services installed door dams, removed all outside missile hazards and secured the air conditioning system.
Perimeter Fencing Project:
- The contractor cleaned up debris and removed their dumpster in preparation for the hurricane.
To Wellness Security:
- The contractor began adjusting the storefront doors at Derbigny Street to close more securely.
- The contractor continues to rough-in vent lines for the fume hoods in Room 8405.
- The electrical subcontractor is pulling electrical wiring for the new lab benches in Room 8405.
Auditoriums A & B Renovations:
- The contractor continues removing support beams for the accordion walls.
- They delivered the framing, scaffolding, and insulation materials to the jobsite.
- The electrical subcontractor finished removing the old lighting fixtures and installed temporary lighting.
- All the construction materials have been secured and the dumpsters and port-a-lets have been removed from the jobsite.
Campus Roof Replacement:
- All the roofing materials have been secured and removed from the Clinic and Administration Building roofs.
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- The contractor moved materials and equipment from the 1st Floor in preparation for possible affects from Hurricane Gustav.
- The contractor finished sealing the exterior windows on floors where glass was removed for the new stairwell tower.
- The iron subcontractor prepared columns that will hold staircase brackets.
- The contractor continues floating sheetrock on the 7th Floor in the new lab area.
- The mechanical subcontractor continues running supply duct on the S. Prieur St./CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- The contractor is laying VCT tiles in the main room and is nearly three quarters finished.
- Custom casework was delivered today for 2 quadrants and was stored along the corridor.
- 128 new lab chairs were delivered.
Floor Lobby Renovations:
- The contractor has completed all his hurricane preparations.
Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- Eight additional light fixtures were installed today.
Hall 2nd Floor Lobby Expansion:
- The contractor continues welding and bolting down the structural steel support for the roof and is nearly complete with this task.
- Scaffolds were disassembled stored inside the 2nd Floor.
- All trash and debris were removed.