Thursday, September 11, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE.:
General contractor continued demolition in the 3rd and 4th floor annex.
Elevator contractor continued work on elevator #4.
Security contractor continued preparations for camera installation.
Contractor installed support bracing for ceiling lights in the rear elevator
lobbies on 5th, 6th and 7th floors.
Facility Services continued installing new fan coil units on the 6th floor.
-Work continued on installation of restroom accessories throughout the
Work continued roughing in plumbing in the 6th and 7th floor lounges for the
DENTAL CAMPUS 6th and 8th FLOOR RENOVATIONS
Contractor continued laying-out coring locations for piping
penetrations---Coring has begun in room 8405.
DENTAL CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
Contractor finished removing the support beams for the accordion walls
Mechanical Contractor is insulating ductwork and piping in Auditorium A.
Contractor resumed construction of the ceiling framing in Auditorium B.
Contractor continues with the plumbing for the coffee Kiosk.
Contractor framed the drywall ceiling above the coffee Kiosk.
Facilities Services continued rough in for lights.
LIONS BUILDING MITIGATION:
- Mechanical Sub-Contractor is running lines for the new Med Gas on the 6th floor
- Mechanical Sub-Contractor is running supply duct on the Gravier side of the 6th
- Mechanical Sub-Contractor is insulating the heating hot water lines on the
Bolivar/CSRB side of the 6th floor. They are also insulating the supply
duct following the installation on the Gravier side of the floor on 6 and also
on 7th floor.
- Mechanical Sub-Contractor finished raising the existing waste lines that are
below the new ceiling height on the 6th floor.
- Mechanical Sub-Contractor is piping in the waste lines and the vents for the
water closet carriers and urinals in the bathrooms on the Bolivar side of the
- Mechanical Sub-Contractor is piping in the AHU in the mechanical room on the
1st floor on the Gravier/Bolivar side of the building.
- Electrical Sub-Contractor is terminating the wire to the new panel boxes on the
2nd floor in the new electrical room on the CSRB side.
- Iron Sub-Contractor started erecting the steel beams for the first 2 floors of
the new stairwell.
- Contractor is painting the walls on the 7th floor of the new lab.
MDL-5 LAB RENOVATION:
- Contractor is patching wall for new paint.
- Contractor continues installing casework.
MEB 2nd FLOOR LOBBY:
- Contractor painted the ceiling of the area last night.
MEB 4th FLOOR CEILING REPLACEMENT:
- Contractor installed
supply air grilles. 80% complete.