September 23, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The demolition of the interior of the 3rd Floor Annex is finished.
- The general contractor continued construction of the walls in the lounges on the 4th and 7th Floors.
- Sprinkler piping has been installed in the 5th Floor lounge.
- The painting contractor continued painting the restrooms.
- The security contractor installed and tested access control for the front doors and the side doors closest to the Gravier St. garage.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continued installing new fan coil units.
- Plumbers completed the mechanical rough-in for the kitchenettes in the lounges on the 5th, 6th, and 7th Floors.
- Electricians are trouble shooting electrical issues throughout the building.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The framing for the ceiling in Auditorium A continues.
- The electrical subcontractor is making preliminary rough-ins for the new lighting in the auditoriums.
CAMPUS ROOFING REPLACEMENT:
- Needham Roofing continues to install walk pads on the Clinic Building roof.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The mechanical subcontractor is installing domestic cold water lines for Room 8401.
AND EXTERIOR WORK:
- Crews continued installing landscaping irrigation in front of 1542 Tulane Avenue .
- The contractor is finishing the sheetrock edge of the window wall.
- They relocated a piece of ductwork to accommodate a roll-up door.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIR AND MITIGATION:
- Mechanical subcontractor is running pipe for new Med Gas on the 6th Floor simulation rooms.
- They are running supply duct on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- The supply duct on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor is being insulated.
- The subcontractor is laying out and installing hangers for new waste lines on the Gravier St./S. Prieur St. side of the 6th Floor.
- Their crews are installing and testing the water lines to the water closets and the urinals in the bathroom on the 6th Floor Bolivar St./CSRB side of the building.
- They are re-routing heating hot water lines on the 7th Floor that are in the way of the new supply duct.
- New supply grills are being installed on the 7th Floor.
- A crew is piping in the VAVs on the Gravier St./S. Prieur St. side of the 6th Floor.
- Another crew is piping in the AHU in the 1st Floor mechanical room on the Gravier St./Bolivar St. side of the building.
- The electrical subcontractor is running conduit for the switches for the Med Gas run to the 6th Floor simulation rooms.
- They are installing electrical receptacles on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- A crew is trimming out the electrical work for the 7th Floor.
- The iron subcontractor was welding the new stair structure on the 2nd Floor and the new stairs from the 2nd to the 3rd Floor.
- The contractor is sealing penetrations on the 7th Floor.
- A crew is laying out the CMU walls for the 1st Floor S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- They are removing old data and telephone wire from the 1st Floor network closet on the CSRB side of the building,
- Door frames are being hung on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- The casework contractor began installing the new sink cabinets in the main MDL room.
- Plumbing and electrical contractors continue to reconnect the plumbing fixtures and electrical outlets as the casework installers complete the installation of new portions of the casework.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- Boe-Tel is installing new data wires on the 2nd Floor for Room 2108.
4th FLOOR CEILING REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor is framing up the ceiling at the end of the corridors around the return air grilles.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The flooring subcontractor completed placing the self-leveling concrete on the S. Roman Street side toward the Tower B elevator.
- The contractor is installing wood blocking on the roof of the new addition.