Wednesday, September 24, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- Repairs to the ceiling in Room 718 have begun.
- The construction of walls for the 4th Floor lounge continues.
- The painting contractor continued painting the restrooms.
- The security contractor completed installation of access control for the front doors and the side doors closest to the District Energy garage.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continued installing new fan coil units.
- Plumbers continued the mechanical rough-in for the kitchenettes in the lounge on the 4th Floor.
- Electricians are trouble-shooting electrical issues throughout the building.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continues to construct the framing for the ceiling in Auditorium A.
- The electrical subcontractor continues making preliminary rough-ins for new lighting in both Auditoriums.
CAMPUS ROOFING REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor finished installing new walk pads on the Clinic Building roof.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The mechanical subcontractor continues to install domestic water lines for Room 8401.
AND EXTERIOR WORK:
- Crews continued installing landscaping irrigation in front of 1542 Tulane Ave.
- Contractor continues to frame the new wall nearest the passenger elevators.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The contractor is placing concrete on the floor of the new equipment area on 2nd Floor.
- Ceiling grid is being installed on the 7th Floor.
- They are prepping the floors for the new tile on the 7th Floor.
- The floor penetrations on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor are being sealed.
- A crew is laying out the CMU walls for the 1st Floor on the S. Prieur St. side.
- Door frames are being hung on the S. Prieur St. side of the 1st Floor.
- The mechanical subcontractor is braising joints in the new Med Gas lines serving the 6th Floor simulation rooms.
- They are running supply duct on the Bolivar St. side of the 6th Floor by the lab.
- The new supply duct on the CSRB/Bolivar St. side of the 6th Floor is being insulated.
- The supply grills are being installed on the 7th Floor.
- A crew is re-routing waste lines going to the 7th Floor in the 6th Floor ceiling that are in the way of the new duct work.
- They are piping in the AHU in the mechanical room on the 1st Floor on the Gravier St./Bolivar St. side of the building.
- The electrical subcontractor is installing electrical receptacles on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- They are pulling phone and data wire on the 7th Floor for the new lab.
- The iron workers are decking the 2nd and 3rd Floor landings in the new exterior stair.
- Crews are also installing the hand rails.
- The fire sprinkler subcontractor was moving sprinkler heads on the 7th Floor.
- The casework contractor is installing pedestal frames in the main MDL room.
- The plumbing and electrical subs continue to reconnect plumbing fixtures and electrical outlets as they work behind the casework installers.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- Boe-Tel is installing data wires on the 2nd Floor for Room 2108.
4th FLOOR CEILING REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor has completed framing the ceiling nearest the return air grilles and is installing new supply grilles.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The flooring subcontractor is placing a second layer of mortar concrete from the S. Roman St. side of the building toward the Tower B elevator.
- Crews continue installing wood blocking on the new roof of the addition.