Friday, September 26, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- Crews continued insulating the lounge walls on the 4th through the 7th Floors.
- The painting contractor continued painting restrooms on all floors and offices on the 5th through the 8th Floors.
- The electrical contractor continued installing new light fixtures in Conference Room 524.
- The flooring contractor continued carpet repair and installation in rooms on the 7th Floor and floor tile in stairwells and the restroom alcoves.
- LSUHSC Facility Services plumbers continued the mechanical rough-in for the kitchenettes in the lounge on the 4th Floor.
- Facility Services electricians installed power feed cables for the systems furniture in Rooms 536, 613, 658 and 723.
PERIMETER FENCE PROJECT:
- The barbed wire has been removed from the 440 Perdido Lot and Student Lot 1.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor finished installing the 1st coat of mastic moisture protection on the exterior walls in Auditorium B.
- They have started installing moisture protection on the exterior walls in Auditorium A.
- The electrical contractor is installing junction boxes and electrical wiring "BX cabling" for the new lighting in the Auditoriums.
- The mechanical contractor is laying out foundation pads for the new air-handling units.
CAMPUS ROOF REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor continues to install walk pads on the Administration Building roof.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The mechanical contractor continues installing gas lines and vacuum lines for Room 8401.
- They completed removing the old plumbing and exhaust connections for the fume hood in Room 6331.
- The electrical contractor is installing wiring for the laboratory casework.
- The contractor continues framing the wall near the elevator.
- The electricians laid out the light fixtures in the cafe and hallway.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor is installing the exhaust for the fume hood on the 7th Floor.
- A crew is installing supply grills on the 7th Floor.
- They finished tested the new Med Gas system in the 6th Floor simulation rooms.
- A crew is installing hangers for the domestic hot and cold water lines on the Gravier side of the 6th floor.
- Pipe for the new domestic hot and cold water lines on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor is being fabricated.
- Air and vacuum lines are being routed up to the new lab on the 7th Floor from the 6th Floor.
- Crews continue to run supply duct on Gravier St./Bolivar St. side of the 6th Floor.
- The supply duct and VAV boxes on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor and piping in the AHU in the mechanical room on the 1st Floor on the Gravier St./Bolivar St. side of the building are being insulated.
- The electrical subcontractor installed a new breaker in Panel EH2 for the new emergency lights in the 7th Floor lab.
- The iron subcontractor is erecting the steel frame on the Bolivar St. side of the stairwell from Floors 4-6.
- They are working on the decking on the top of the 3rd Floor.
- The glass subcontractor is installing glass in the side panels of the door frames on the 7th Floor.
- The fire sprinkler subcontractor was moving sprinkler heads on the 7th Floor.
- The contractor is sealing penetrations on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- They are installing ceiling wire on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- Crews are building a CMU wall for the mechanical room located on the S. Prieur St. side of the 1st Floor.
- The casework contractor continues to install the sink cabinets in the MDL lab.
- The plumbing contractor continues to reconnect air/gas/vac for the casework and acid waste drain for the sink cabinets in the main MDL lab.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor completed building out the area above the elevator and widened the door opening for the room between the lecture halls.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor completed installation of the treated wood blocking on the roof of the new enclosure and completed removing the canopy structure on walkway.