Monday, September 29, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued insulating the walls in the new lounges on the 4th through the 7th Floors.
- Ceiling repair in Room 718 has started and new suspended ceiling grid is being installed in the 8th and 7th Floor elevator lobbies.
- The painting contractor continued painting offices on the 5th through the 8th Floors.
- The electrical contractor continued installing new light fixtures in Conference Room 524.
- The flooring contractor continued carpet repair and installation in rooms on the 7th Floor while floor tile is being installed in stairwells and restroom alcoves.
- LSUHSC Facility Services plumbers continued the mechanical rough-in for the kitchenettes in the lounge on 4th Floor.
- Facility Services electricians installed power feed cables for the new systems furniture in 4 additional rooms.
- The honing of the terrazzo in the 1st Floor conference room has started.
- Approximately one fourth of the floor has been honed.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUM A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor finished applying the 1st coat of mastic moisture protection to the exterior walls in Auditorium A.
- Crews began installing the 2nd coat of mastic moisture protection in Auditorium.
- The electrical contractor finished the electrical rough-in for lighting in Auditorium B and continues working on the rough-in for Auditorium A.
CAMPUS ROOF REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor is connecting exhaust vents on the elevator penthouse.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor received new light fixtures late Friday evening.
AND EXTERIOR WORK:
- Irrigation piping at 1542 Tulane has been installed.
- The contractor installed sheetrock on the window wall near the stairwell.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIR AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor is installing the safety shower on the 7th Floor.
- They are wiring the VAV boxes on the 7th Floor.
- Waste lines are being re-run on the 6th Floor Gravier St. side of the building.
- A crew is tying in the new Med Gas system from the 6th Floor ceiling to the new 7th Floor lab.
- The supply duct on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor is being raised to make room for light fixtures.
- Supply and return taps on the 6th Floor on the CSRB side hallway are being insulated.
- A crew continues to pipe in the AHU in the mechanical room on the 1st Floor.
- The electrical subcontractor is installing exit lights on the 7th Floor,
- They are pulling phone and data wire on the 7th Floor for the new lab and dropping anchors for the cable tray on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- The iron subcontractor is welding the back of the steel stairwell frame that is against the building.
- The contractor is installing new ceiling grid on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- A crew is installing ceiling wire on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- They are hanging door frames in the bathroom on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- A crew continues installing CMU walls on the 1st Floor the S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- The casework contractor is installing stainless steel sinks and sink cabinets in Room 4109.
- The plumbing contractor continues to reconnect air/gas/vac for installed casework and acid waste drains for the sink cabinets in the main MDL lab.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor finished framing the areas above the passenger elevators and is installing sheetrock on back side of the new walls erected for Campus Office Stores.
4th FLOOR CEILING REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor installed the large return boxes at the air handling unit rooms.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The flooring contractor applied the 3rd layer of self-leveling concrete on the S. Roman side of the lobby.