Thursday, October 16, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The contractor started painting lounge walls on the 7th Floor.
- They continued the drywall repairs in offices on the 3rd Floor.
- The electrical contractor continues installing new light fixtures in conference rooms on the 6th Floor.
- Elevator #4 (freight elevator) was inspected and a punch list generated.
- The furniture vendor completed the furniture placement on the 1st Floor and moved furniture assigned to the 4th Floor from the staging areas in the parking garage to the 4th Floor annex.
- Facility Services continues installing new paper towel and soap dispensers in restrooms on all floors and continued punch list item work in all rooms on the 5th Floor.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor finished framing the new walls in Auditorium A and continued framing the walls in Auditorium B.
- The electrical contractor installed recessed light fixtures in Auditorium A.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The mechanical subcontractor removed waste lines in Rooms 6333 and 6335, and installed a new vent and drain in Room 6333.
- The contractor finished removing the thimbles from the demolished lab casework in Room 8405.
- They continued framing for the new walls in Room 8405.
- The project is complete, pending the final inspection(s).
- Landscape grading continues in front of 1542 Tulane Avenue .
- The mechanical contractor relocated ductwork that conflicted with the ceiling.
- The contractor installed sheetrock in areas near the Library entrance and in the back area of the cafe.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor piped in water, waste, air, and vacuum lines for the new fume hood on the 7th Floor.
- They installed valves for the fume hood on the 7th Floor and installed the duct for the fume hood on the 7th Floor.
- The electrical subcontractor completed the move of the transformer on the S. Prieur St. side of the 2nd Floor and powered the medical gas alarms in the simulation rooms on the 6th Floor.
- The iron subcontractor welded the frames on the 4th and 5th Floor.
- They installed the deck and stair closures on the 4th through the 6th Floors and welded the saddles on the 4th Floor.
- The casework subcontractor installed laboratory casework on the 7th Floor.
- The contractor sealed more wall penetrations in the middle of the 6th Floor.
- They continue installing door frames on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- They installed CMU walls on the S. Prieur St. side of the 1st Floor.
- They installed projector screens on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- The walls of the Womens bathroom on the Bolivar St. side of the 6th Floor were insulated.
- The contractor removed pipe thimbles from floor.
4th FLOOR CEILING REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor painted the tray ceiling in the student study area on the S. Roman St. side of the building.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor skim coated the pans of the honeycomb ceiling to create a smooth finish once it is painted.
- They installed wood blocking for the installation of the frames for the storefront glass and doors.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The flooring contractor placed a coat of concrete primer on the floor between Tower A and Tower B.
- The contractor removed sprinkler piping from the new mailbox location.