Thursday, October 2, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor completed the drywall ceiling installation in Room 718.
- They continued installing new suspended ceiling grid in the 8th and 7th Floor elevator lobbies.
- The walls in the 4th Floor lounge have been dry walled.
- Crews continued installing walls in the 5th and 6th Floor lounges.
- The painting contractor completed painting offices on the 8th Floor and continued painting offices on the 5th through 7th Floors.
- The electrical contractor continues installing new recessed light fixtures in conference rooms on the 5th through the 7th Floors.
- The flooring contractor continues carpet repair and installation in rooms on the 6th Floor and floor tile installation in stairwells and the restroom alcoves.
- LSUHSC Facility Services completed installing irrigation piping in the front of the building.
- They ran the electrical conduit for the new bollards (sidewalk lights).
CAMPUS AUDITORIUM A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The electrical sub-contractor is installing whips and continues to install conduit rough-ins for the lighting in Auditorium A.
CAMPUS ROOF REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor is repairing flashing and is caulking around the perimeter of the Clinic Building penthouse.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The installation of gas lines for the peninsulas in Room 8405 is progressing.
- Electrical sub-contractor is pulling wiring for the new electrical outlets.
- The contractor is installing metal support tubes for the rollup fire door at the passenger elevators on the north side.
- LSUHSC electricians are running conduit for the light fixtures near the center stairs.
- LSUHSC plumbers continue to rough in the plumbing in the janitors closet.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical sub-contractor is insulating supply duct and heating hot water lines on the Gravier St. and the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- They continue to pipe in the VAV on the 6th Floor and run supply duct in the 1st Floor mechanical room.
- The electrical sub-contractor is installing electrical outlets on the new CMU walls on the 1st Floor and pulling new data wires on the 6th Floor.
- Iron sub-contractor is welding the taps on the steel structure on the 3rd and 4th Floors for the new stairwell.
- They are installing the supports for the removable wall panels in the large lecture room.
- The sprinkler sub-contractor is relocating sprinkler heads on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- The contractor is installing floor tiles on the 7th Floor in the small rooms of the new lab.
- The ceiling grid on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor is being hung.
- A crew is installing ceiling wire on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- They continue hanging door frames on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- A crew is sealing wall penetrations on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- Sheetrock is being hung by the simulation rooms on the 6th Floor.
- CMU walls are being constructed on the 1st Floor on the S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- The plumbing sub-contractor completed reconnecting acid waste drain lines for the epoxy sinks in the main MDL room.
- They continue to rough-in the plumbing in Room 4109 for the nine stainless steel sinks.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor is framing the fur down between the lecture halls.