October 20, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor completed painting lounge walls on the 5th, 6th and 7th Floors.
- Crews continued making drywall repairs in offices on the 3rd Floor.
- The electrical contractor continued installing new light fixtures in Conference Room 756.
- The fire alarm contractor started installing strobes and speakers in the 7th Floor lounge.
- The furniture vendor installed and arranged furniture in offices on the 5th Floor.
- Facility Services continues punch list item work in rooms along the 1st Floor center hallway.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor completed sheetrock work in both auditoriums.
- The electrical subcontractor ran conduit in both auditoriums.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The sheetrock subcontractor continued working on the 8th Floor.
- The mechanical subcontractor installed DI water pipes on the 8th Floor.
- Facility Services continued grading landscape in front of 1542 Tulane Ave.
- Facility Services discontinued dumpster service for the Residence Hall and transitioned to the new compactor.
- The contractor installed sprinkler piping above the coffee kiosk.
- Ductwork is being installed in the multimedia room.
- Crews continue installing sheetrock near the restroom.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor tested the heating hot water line on the 6th Floor.
- They roughed in the waste and vent lines for the urinals and the toilets in the bathroom on the 1st Floor.
- The iron subcontractor welded the exterior stairwell frame on the 6th Floor.
- The sprinkler subcontractor dropped sprinkler heads on the 6th Floor in the simulation rooms.
- The casework subcontractor continued installing new laboratory casework on the 7th Floor.
- The electrical subcontractor trimmed out the electrical devices on the 7th Floor.
- They ran electrical feeders to provide power to the rollup door on the 6th Floor.
- The contractor continues sealing wall penetrations in the middle of the 6th Floor.
- They poured the concrete for the housekeeping pads for the medical air and vacuum equipment on the 2nd Floor.
- The sheetrock ceiling on the 1st Floor across from the security desk was removed to allow for the installation of the new door.
- A crew installed CMU walls on the Bolivar St. side of the 1st Floor.
- The contractor adjusted light fixtures, sprinkler caps, and patched the flooring.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continues to skim coat the pans of the honeycomb ceiling to provide a smooth surface that will be painted.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor poured concrete for the new storefront curbs.
- The flooring contractor installed six rows of porcelain tiles between Towers A and B.