Monday, October 27, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued drywall repairs in offices on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- Crews completed installing the suspended ceiling grid in the lounges on Floors 4 to 7.
- The electrical contractor continued installing new light fixtures in hallways and stairwells.
- The construction cleaning contractor continued cleaning on the 7th and 6th Floor and continued rework in the areas that failed inspection on the 8th Floor.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continued to work on punch list items on Floors 5 to 8.
- They demolished the temporary loading dock ramp in the parking garage driveway.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor installed insulation on the west and north walls of Auditorium A and installed new sheetrock on all walls in Auditorium A.
- The electrical contractor installed wiring and conduit for Auditorium B.
- The insulation contractor installed insulation in the block walls and ceiling of the mechanical room.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The insulation contractor installed pipe insulation on the water lines above the ceiling in Room 7407 and the simulation lab.
- The general contractor framed the new door openings.
- The contractor framed the exterior wall on the north side of Room 8405.
- The mechanical contractor tied-in the new vacuum, gas, hot water, and cold water lines for Room 6335.
- They removed the old ice water, de-ionized water, and steam lines in Rooms 6335 and 6333.
- The landscapers continued grading the front lawn of 1542 Tulane Avenue .
- The contractor installed fire sprinklers in the multi-media rooms.
/LSU CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor installed two sinks and faucets in the 7th Floor lab.
- They installed five air and gas turrets in the 7th Floor lab.
- Crews insulated the heating hot water lines and supply duct on the 6th Floor on the S. Prieur St. side of the floor.
- They roughed in the waste and vent lines for the urinals and the water closets in the bathroom on the 1st Floor, Bolivar St. side.
- The iron subcontractor welded the exterior stairwell saddles on the 1st, 4th, 5th, and 6th Floors.
- They finished the last welds on the roof decking and finished welding the stairs on the 3rd level.
- The casework subcontractor installed 3 shelving units, 3 cabinets, and 4 counters in the 7th Floor laboratory.
- The electrical subcontractor installed lights on the 6th Floor, CSRB side and also in the 2nd Floor build out area.
- The sprinkler subcontractor installed sprinkler heads on the 2nd Floor in the new build out area.
- The contractor installed door hardware on the 7th Floor.
- They installed glass in the new door frames on the 6th Floor, CSRB side.
- A crew installed CMU on the 1st Floor on the Gravier St. side of the hallway closest to the CSRB.