Tuesday, October 28, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued making drywall repairs in offices on the 3rd and 5th Floors.
- Crews began preparing the concrete subfloors in the lounges for the final floor covering on Floors 4 to 7.
- The electrical contractor continued installing new light fixtures in hallways and stairwells.
- The construction cleaning contractor continued work on the 7th and 6th Floors and completed re-cleaning in the 8th Floor offices.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continued to work on punch list items on Floors 5 to 8.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor prepped the sheetrock on the east wall of Auditorium A for the wall panels.
- The electrical contractor finished installing wiring and conduit in Auditorium A.
- The electrical contractor installed conduit and junction boxes for the down lights in the front of Auditorium A.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The insulation contractor finished insulating pipe above the ceiling in Room 7407 and in the simulation lab.
- The contractor insulated the supply duct on the north side of Room 8405.
- The mechanical contractor installed piping for the two safety showers in Room 8405.
- Facility Services continued grading the landscaping in front of 1542 Tulane Avenue .
- The contractor installed fire sprinklers in multi-media Room1 and 2 and the reception area.
- They installed the roll up door.
- Facility Services electricians installed fixtures in the cafÃ© lounge area.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor installed natural and medical gas lines to 5 turrets in the 7th Floor lab.
- They installed and insulated supply duct in the 6th Floor simulation rooms.
- Zones for the 1st Floor AHU supply lines in the mechanical room were installed.
- Plumbers roughed in the waste and vent lines for the urinals and the water closets in the bathroom on the 1st Floor, Bolivar St. side.
- The iron subcontractor welded the stair rails on the 6th Floor.
- The casework subcontractor installed 4 dividing shelving units in the center of the casework and 3 runs of wire mold in the 7th Floor lab
- The electrical subcontractor installed outlets in 2 runs of wire mold on the 7th Floor and lights in the 2nd Floor build out area.
- The sprinkler subcontractor installed sprinkler heads on the 2nd Floor in the new build out area.
- The contractor installed door frames on the 6th Floor in the simulation rooms and placed CMU on the 1st Floor in the telephone closet on the CSRB side.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued installing the ceiling grid outside of Lecture Hall B.
- They are installing the door & storefront window frames for the Medical Center Stores location.