Friday, October 03, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued installing the new suspended ceiling grid and tiles in the 8th and 7th Floor elevator lobbies.
- They completed installing sheetrock walls in the lounges on the 5th, 6th and 7th Floors.
- The painting contractor continued painting offices on Floors 5 through 7.
- The electrical contractor continued installing new recessed light fixtures in conference rooms on Floors 5 through 7.
- They began laying out the pendant fixtures.
- The flooring contractor continues carpet repair and installation in rooms on the 6th Floor and the installation of floor tile in stairwells and the restroom alcoves.
- LSUHSC Facility Services personnel drilled through the planter base on the front porch to route new water and electrical service for the landscape irrigation.
- The Print Shop equipment was moved into the old C Store for storage.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUM A & B RENOVATIONS:
- Work was suspended today to accommodate the Alumni Event held in an adjacent lobby.
CAMPUS ROOF REPLACEMENT:
- Needham Roofing is repairing flashing and caulking around the perimeter of the Administration Building penthouse.
- The contractor installed door headers for the wall nearest the elevators.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor is insulating supply ducts and heating hot water lines on the S. Prieur St. side of the 6th Floor.
- They are piping in the VAV on the 6th Floor in the simulation rooms.
- A crew is installing the drain line for the floor on the 2nd Floor.
- They are laying out the pipe for the pipe fabrication for the med air and gas on the 2nd Floor.
- A crew is laying out the equipment pads for the med air and gas on the 2nd Floor.
- The iron sub-contractor is welding the taps on the steel structure on Floors 3â€“ 4 for the new stairwell.
- The supports for the removable wall panels in the large lecture room are being installed.
- The sprinkler heads on the Gravier St. and CSRB side of the 6th Floor are being relocated.
- The contractor is installing ceiling grid on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- One crew is installing ceiling wire on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- Another crew is sealing wall penetrations on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- New sheetrock is being installed on walls by the simulation rooms on the 6th Floor.
- They began demolishing the stairwell wall to prepare for the CMU wall installation on the S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- The contractor is prepping for the plaster on the CSRB side of the 1st Floor.
- They continue with the installation of the CMU walls on the 1st Floor on the S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- The plumbing sub-contractor is connecting the medical air/gas/vac lines for the new turrets (valves) in the main MDL room and in Room 4109.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor is framing the ceiling by the Medical Center Stores space and framing the back of the columns in the storage areas.