Thursday, October 30, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued drywall repairs in offices on the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th Floors.
- The electrical contractor completed installing light fixtures in the stairwells and continued installing new light fixtures in the 5th to 7th Floor conference rooms.
- The furniture vendor arranged furniture in offices on the 5th and 6th floors. All offices planned for first phase occupancy on the 5th to the 8th floors are furnished.
- The construction cleaning contractor continued cleaning on the 6th Floor.
- All rooms on the 7th Floor are complete.
- Facility Services continued to work on punch list items on Floors 5 to 8.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor prepped the sheetrock on the south and west walls for the installation of the new wall panels in Auditorium B.
- The electrical contractor installed conduit for the remaining rows of down lights in Auditorium A.
- The general contractor installed insulation and sheetrock on the south wall in Auditorium B.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The mechanical contractor installed horizontal vacuum piping in the walls of Room 8405G.
- The general contractor framed up the eastern exterior walls.
- Facility Services completed installing landscape edging and starting installing plants in front of 1542 Tulane Ave.
- The contractor installed fire sprinklers in the Mens restrooms and installed a fire rollup door in the elevator lobby.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The electrical subcontractor installed electrical receptacles for casework along the Bolivar Street wall.
- A crew installed wire mold for the electrical receptacles on the peninsulas along the Gravier Street side.
- They mounted a cabinet for a new electrical panel in the 2nd Floor mechanical room.
- The mechanical subcontractor installed vacuum, air, & gas pipe connections to the island across from the fume hood.
- They installed exhaust duct connections for the fume hood and installed the backsplash for the same island.
- They also installed the remaining shelves and racks on the peninsulas along the Gravier Street side on the 7th Floor.
- Two fresh-air ducts were connected to the new AHU.
- Another crew roughed-in plumbing for urinals and toilets in the restrooms along Bolivar St. on the 1st Floor.
- The contractor insulated exhaust transfer duct for offices along the Gravier Street side.
- A crew installed water resistant sheetrock for the Womens restroom ( S. Prieur St. side and floated the sub-floor for the Mens restroom.
- They installed two door frames and five doors in offices along the Gravier St. side on the 6th Floor.
- The iron workers welded window wall clips and handrails from top of the exterior staircase down to the 4th Floor.
- The sprinkler subcontractor raised sprinkler pipe in the 2nd Floor equipment room
4th FLOOR CEILING REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor installed the Blue Sky wallpaper.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor installed the ceiling and floor tracks of the metal framing for the new mailboxes.