Wednesday, October 08, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued taping and floating the sheetrock walls in the lounges on the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th Floors.
- The painting contractor continued painting restrooms on all floors.
- The electrical contractor began installing new light fixtures in offices on the 5th Floor.
- The terrazzo contractor continues honing floors on the 1st Floor by Shipping and Receiving.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continued making piping connections for the landscape irrigation.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor continues to repair block walls for the air handling unit room and to frame the ceiling in Auditorium A.
- The electrical subcontractor is installing junction boxes and mounting hardware for the light fixtures in Auditorium A.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The mechanical subcontractor pressure-tested the new gas piping for Room 8405.
- The contractor continues to clean and strip the flooring in Room 8405.
CAMPUS ROOF REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor finished installing new walk pads on the Administration Building roof.
- They started installing cap sheets over roofing sheets marred by foot traffic.
AND EXTERIOR WORK:
- The trash compactor vendor continued the installation of the Dental School trash compactor hopper.
- The wiring contractor has removed the existing network wiring.
- The contractor continues to install sheetrock in the multimedia rooms.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor is insulating supply duct on the S. Prieur St. side of the 6th Floor.
- A crew is running branch lines to the VAV on the 6th Floor on the Gravier St. side of the building.
- They continue re-routing the 2 inch vent line that is in the way of the support beams for the new movable wall panels.
- The subcontractor is laying out the housekeeping pads for the medical air and vac pumps in the new 2nd Floor mechanical room.
- They conducted a partial start up on the existing medical air and vac equipment on the 1st Floor.
- A crew is installing piping outside the elevator lobby to connect to the sump pump that will be installed in the pit of Elevator 1 and 4.
- The electrical subcontractor is installing conduit for the new breaker box on the 2nd Floor in the S. Prieur St. side electrical room.
- They are installing the electrical outlets in the new CMU walls on the S. Prieur St. side of the 1st Floor.
- The iron subcontractor is setting the stairs and rails on the 3rd and 4th Floors of the exterior stairwell.
- They are welding the saddles on the 2nd Floor.
- The sprinkler subcontractor is moving sprinkler heads on the 6th Floor on the CSRB side of the building.
- The contractor is painting on the 7th Floor.
- They continue installing door frames in the middle of the 6th Floor.
- A crew is sealing wall penetrations on the S. Prieur St. side of the 6th Floor.
- They are installing the ceiling grid on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- A crew continues to construct the CMU walls on the 1st Floor by the interior stairwell and the bathrooms on the S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- The casework contractor is installing laminate countertop in the main MDL room and in Room 4109.
- The contractor is patching existing walls and reapplying texture finishes to match the existing surfaces.
4th FLOOR CEILING REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor continues to work on the large return air grille.
HALL WALKWAY RESURFACING:
- The contractor continues to apply the 3rd layer of concrete underlayment.