Wednesday, November 19, 2008
- The general contractor continued work on the floor of Room 545.
- Preparations continue for installation of the new light fixtures in the 1st Floor lobby.
- The electrical contractor continued installing new light fixtures in the front hallway on the 7th Floor.
- The construction cleaning contractor continued cleaning restrooms on all floors.
- All offices on Floors 1, 5, 6, 7 and 8 are complete.
- The network wiring contractor completed new data wiring on the 7th Floor.
- They continued running new wire on the 6th Floor.
- The window glass contractor replaced broken windows on the 1st and 2nd Floor.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continued making minor repairs on various floors.
DENTAL CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor finished installing the forms and supports for the riser seating in Auditorium B.
- The electrical contractor connected additional wiring for the lighting switch legs in Auditorium A.
- The mechanical contractor assembled the AHUs, and set them on equipment pads.
- The contractor installed new carpet for Elevator 3 & 4 in the Resource Center .
- LSUHSC Facility Services installed sod in front of 1542 Tulane Avenue .
DENTAL SCHOOL 6th & 8th
FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor removed wood blocking from the north exterior wall in room 8405.
- The contractor installed the ceiling grid in the multimedia room.
LIONS/LSU CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor finished backfilling the storm drain.
- A crew insulated chill and heating hot water lines on the east side of the 1st Floor.
- Pipe was installed for the new medical air and vacuum on the 2nd Floor.
- They demolished the existing medical gas pipe on the east side of the 2nd Floor.
- The domestic cold water valve for the 6th Floor simulation room was relocated.
- The exhaust lines for the med gas bottle room on the 6th Floor were installed.
- The electrical subcontractor installed eight feeders for the new switchgear.
- They installed the cable tray feeders on the south side of the 1st Floor.
- The iron subcontractor welded the granite curtain wall brackets on the northwest side of the 1st Floor.
- The glass subcontractor caulked the exterior window frames on the south side of the 1st Floor.
- They installed the interior window trim on the 1st Floor at the entrance and on the south side of the building.
- The fireproofing subcontractor primed welds on Floors 1 through 3 of the exterior stair tower.
- The contractor stripped and waxed the floor of the 7th Floor lab.
- They installed restroom wall tiles on the west side of the 6th Floor.
- The marker board locations on the south side of the 6th Floor were painted.
- Crews installed sheetrock around the recessed television monitor locations on the north side of the 6th Floor.
- They installed CMU on the southeast corner of the 1st Floor.
RESIDENCE HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor installed sheetrock for a temporary wall, which will remain in place while the old curtain wall is removed and the new curtain wall is installed.
- The contractor removed existing 2x4 light fixtures and wall mount light fixtures on the mezzanine level between the A & B towers.