Monday, November 24, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The construction cleaning contractor continued cleaning the stairwells and restrooms on all floors.
- The elevator contractor continued removing the protective film on Elevator 8.
- The flooring contractor installed floor tile in the kitchenettes in the 7th Floor lounge.
- The furniture vendor completed installing cabinets and setting up chairs and tables in the lounge on the 7th Floor.
- The network wiring contractor continued new data wiring on the 6th Floor.
- Facility Services continued making minor repairs on various floors.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor finished priming the walls in Auditorium A.
- The contractor framed the stairs for Auditorium B.
- The mechanical contractor connected chilled water supply and return lines to the new AHUs.
6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The electrical contractor installed conduit for the data outlets in Room 6335.
- Facility Services continued removing sandbags from around buildings at the downtown campus.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor insulated chill water lines, heating hot water lines, and supply lines on the east side of the 1st Floor.
- They installed roof drains on the exterior stairwell tower.
- Crews notched the fire door duct on the north side of the 5th Floor.
- The electrical subcontractor grounded service entrance cable on the west side of the 1st Floor.
- Electricians crimped 32 feeders to allow for termination to the new switchgear on the 2nd Floor.
- They installed wire for the fire alarm devices on the south side of the 6th Floor.
- The fireproofing subcontractor primed saddles on the 1st â€“ 3rd Floors of the exterior stairwell tower.
- The contractor taped and floated the fur downs and monitor recesses on the 6th Floor, north side.
- Crews framed windows on the northwest side of the 6th Floor.
- Carpenters constructed new walls on the 2nd Floor and installed CMU on the 1st Floor, west side.
MDL 6 RENOVATIONS:
- The project to renovate Multidisciplinary Lab 6 has gotten underway. The renovations to this lab will follow the model established in the renovation of MDL #5.
- The contractor removed existing ceiling tiles, equipment, and disconnected electrical and plumbing for demolition.