Monday, December 8, 2008
- The elevator contractor lowered the audible floor announcement volume in the elevator cabs.
- The furniture vendor installed new cabinets in the 5th Floor lounge and set-up conference room furniture in Rooms 524 and 544.
- The general contractor continued drywall sanding and priming in Room 545.
- The painting contractor began painting the front stairwell on the Claiborne Avenue end of the front hallway.
- The terrazzo contractor is making repairs to the cove base in the front hallways on the 4th through the 7th Floors.
- LSUHSC Facility Services replaced two fan coil units in Rooms 516 and 517 and continued minor repairs on various floors.
DENTAL CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed metal framing for the audiovisual room.
DENTAL CAMPUS 6TH AND 8TH FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS
- The contractor installed sheetrock on the southwest walls.
- Facility Services installed landscape edging and mulched the planting beds in front of the Resource Center .
LIONS/LSU CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor set plumbing fixtures on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- They demolished old storm drain that was run above the ceiling on the 6th Floor, Gravier/Bolivar St. side.
- Storm drain pipe is being installed in the new stairwell from Floors 5 and 6.
- The electrical subcontractor installed Panel LA6A on the 6th Floor.
- They ran conduit for lights on the 6th Floor, Gravier/Bolivar St. side.
- The electricians wired Panel 2AC to the switchgear on the 2nd Floor, wired the switchgear to Panel 2AC2A, and installed the emergency junction box on top of the switchgear.
- Entergy installed electrical service to the building.
- The fireproofing subcontractor painted the main structure beams on the 5th Floor of the new exterior stairwell.
- The contractor taped and floated sheetrock and installed corner bead on the 6th Floor.
- Projection mount poles were installed on the 6th Floor.
- Crews installed studs and sheetrock on the 2nd Floor by the new stairwell on the Gravier St. side.
- They installed metal studs and sheetrock on the 2nd Floor between the new fire pump and the medical air/vacuum pumps.
- Crews continued to plaster the 1st Floor CMU wall on the S. Prieur Street side and install wall tile in the restrooms on the 1st Floor, S. Prieur Street side.
- The contractor grouted wall tiles on the frieze wall and installed floor tiles near the Library entrance.
- The contractor installed HVAC diffusers near the window walls.
MEB 2ND FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The sprinkler subcontractor installed sprinkler pipe along the walls by the lecture halls and in the middle of the ceiling on the Roman Street side.
- The contractor removed ceiling remnants on the Bolivar Street side.
MEB MDL 6 RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor raised the steel support for the new partition track in the MDL room.
- The contractor removed floor tiles from Rooms 4114A and 4121A.
RESIDENCE HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor installed three vertical mullions in front of the temporary wall.
- The contractor painted the plywood for the temporary wall.
MEB 6109 & 6148 LAB RENOVATION:
- The contractor installed new cove base in both rooms.