Monday, January 12, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE.:
- The general contractor continued mudding and taping the
drywall in Room 443, hanging drywall in Room 345, patching
holes on the 2nd and 3rd Floors and constructing new walls
in the 2nd Floor lounge.
- The furniture vendor set up furniture in Conference Room
639 and installed the new cabinetry in the 4th Floor lounge.
- Facility Services continued removing old striping in the
Lakeside Lot, refinishing the handrail in Stairwell One, and
repaired the light fixtures in Elevator 3.
DENTAL CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor taped and floated sheetrock
speaker housings in Auditoriums A and B.
- The electrical contractor mounted the dimmer control box
in the electrical room.
DENTAL 6th & 8th FLOOR LABORATORY RENOVATIONS:
- The electrical contractor installed new outlet box rings
for data duplex receptacles, and light switches in Rooms
6333 and 6335.
- The contractor continued installing brick pavers for the
new sidewalk along Gravier St. adjacent to the Gravier
Garage, in the lot at the corner of S Claiborne Ave and
Gravier St., and began installing sprinkler piping.
LIONS/LSU CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND
- The mechanical subcontractor installed heating hot water
lines to the VAVs and installed supply duct on the 6th
Floor, Bolivar St. side of the building.
- The electrical subcontractor installed lights in the 6th
Floor large lecture room and continued installing outlets
and switches on the Gravier St./Bolivar St. side of the 6th
- The sprinkler subcontractor installed sprinkler heads in
the middle of the 6th Floor and tied in pipe from the pump
to stairwell riser on the 2nd Floor.
- The contractor installed studs on the 6th Floor Bolivar
Street Side, cut sink holes in the bathroom vanities on the
6th Floor, painted in 6th Floor simulation rooms, and
installed ceiling grid and ceiling wire on 6th Floor.
- Crews plastered above the doorframe on the 1st
Floor, Gravier/Bolivar St. side, caulked between the
granite seams on the 1st Floor, Bolivar St. side, fire
caulked CMU walls on the 1st Floor and continued
fireproofing the beams on the 1st – 6th Floors of the
- The mechanical contractor completed all branch duct
- The contractor installed metal base around the columns.
MEB 2ND FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The flooring contractor continued installing floor tile
in front of the elevators.
MEB PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The electrical subcontractor continued demolition and
started running new conduit in the laboratory area.
- The general contractor framed walls inside the
MEB MDL 6 RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor completed installing ceiling grid in the
main MDL room and in three of the corner rooms.
RESIDENCE HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor continued installing stud frames for the
fur-down along the diffusers between Tower A & B.
- The contractor installed the remaining tinted glass on
the Perdido Street side.