Thursday, January 22, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor completed installing the ceiling grid in Room 443.
- Their crews started drywall installation in the 2nd Floor lounge and completed framing new walls in the 1st Floor lounge.
- The painting contractor completed painting the shipping and receiving dock area.
- Facility Services continued painting offices and hallways on the 4th Floor and continued installing new door hardware on the 3rd Floor.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor insulated AHU ductwork for Auditorium A.
6th & 8th FLOOR RENOVATIONS:
- The paint contractor painted the second coat of primer on the new walls on the 8th Floor.
- The sprinkler contractor replaced sprinkler heads in Rooms 6333 and 6335.
- Facility Services continued installing irrigation sprinklers and grading the planting beds in the back of the Resource Center .
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The electrical subcontractor installed conduit and junction boxes on Floors 1 through 4 for the generator electrical lines on the Bolivar Street side chase.
- They began installing wire and junction boxes for the fire alarm devices on the 6th Floor, S. Prieur Street side.
- Electricians began installing exit fixtures on the 6th Floor, S. Prieur Street side and continued to run conduit on the 6th Floor, Bolivar Street side.
- The mechanical subcontractor continued installing control wire to the VAVs in the middle of the 6th Floor.
- They tested the heating hot water lines and insulated heating hot water lines and supply duct on the 6th Floor, Bolivar Street side.
- The sprinkler subcontractor installed sprinkler heads on the 6th Floor, CSRB/S. Prieur Street side.
- The contractor installed wall tile on the 1st Floor, Gravier/Bolivar Street side.
- The contractors installed fire alarm wiring near the window walls; continued taping and floating walls; and installed the menu board for the coffee kiosk.
2ND FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed sheetrock on the Bolivar Street side.
MDL 6 RENOVATIONS:
- The contractors continued relocating sprinkler heads in the main MDL room and patched and floated the walls in the panel storage room.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The electrical contractor ran conduit in the laboratory area.
- The mechanical contractor continued to cap hot/cold/deionized water lines on the 4th Floor below the Pharmacology labs.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractors removed existing glass from the old storefront system.
- Crews installed sheetrock on the mezzanine level soffit and installed ceiling grid hanger wire between the A and B Towers.