Thursday, February 19, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued patching holes in offices on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- The mechanical contractor continued piping new fan coil units on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- The painting contractor continued priming and began painting offices on the 3rd Floor.
- Facility Services continued repairs on the 3rd Floor, connecting electrical service for fan coil units, and installing new door hardware on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- The contractor laid sod in the lot at the corner of Gravier St. and S. Claiborne Ave.
- Facility Services conducted landscape maintenance.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor installed fuel lines in Room 901 and ran control wiring to the 1st Floor air handling units.
- The contractor primed the walls of the simulation room on the Bolivar St. side of the 6th Floor.
- They painted the lounge area on the 6th Floor, Gravier St. side.
- Crews installed the fire wall on the 5th Floor, Gravier Street side, installed tile floors in the restrooms on the Bolivar St. side of the 1st Floor and began stripping the 1st Floor lobby floors.
- The electrical contractor installed cable tray on the 6th Floor, provided power to the rollup door on the 6th Floor, and installed a junction box in Room 901 on the 9th floor.
- The contractor installed ceiling tiles in the cafÃ© area.
- They patched and painted the fur down above the coffee kiosk.
- A crew continued floating the composite wall panels.
MDL 6 RENOVATIONS:
- The casework contractor installed cabinet chases and countertops for the casework frame.
- The general contractor connected medical air and vacuum lines for the casework and ran electrical wires for the casework receptacles.
- The AV contractor installed speakers and LCD mounts.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor moved sprinkler pipe above the suspended ceiling.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor began installing doorframes and continued installing sheetrock in the administration area.
- They installed the corridor doorframes in the lab area and continued to paint the lab area.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The interior contractor continued installing grid in the back lobby area of the Bolivar and Perdido corner.
- The enclosure contractor installed break metal to cover the roof drain pipes on both sides of the walkway.
6th & 8th FLOOR RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor placed structural components of the laboratory casework in Room 8405A.
AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor demolished the wing walls in Auditoriums A and B.
HEALTH/NURSING ROOF REPLACEMENT
- The contractor began the installation of temporary exterior elevator/lift.