Thursday, March 12, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued patching and taping the walls in Rooms 109H, 111 and 111A, and started installing the new suspended ceiling grid in Rooms 111 and 111A.
- The electrical contractor began the electrical rough-in in the 1st Floor lounge.
- The glass contractor continued installing the trim on the new storefront in the 1st Floor lounge.
- The mechanical contractor continued installing new fan coil units on the 3rd Floor.
- The painting contractor started patching offices on the 2nd Floor.
- They completed painting the center stairwell between the 1st and the 4th Floors.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continued making repairs on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Floors and connecting electrical service for fan coil units on the 3rd Floor.
- They completed installing the new ceiling grid in Room 319C.
- LSUHSC Facility Services completed planting shrubs and mulching in the rear of the Resource Center along Gravier St .
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The electrical contractor installed the annunciator panels on the 1st and 2nd Floors.
- They pulled feeder wires from the fire pump motor and jockey pump to the fire pump controller on the 2nd Floor.
- Crews continue to pull control wire from the roof top generator to the ATS and install light fixtures in the 6th Floor computer lounge.
- The contractor prepped the freight elevator for the new flood wall.
- A crew began installing cabinets for the reception desk on the 6th Floor.
- Others began installing ceramic border tile in the 6th Floor computer lounge.
- They continue installing exterior granite on the new stairwell and caulking the glass panels.
- Additional ceiling tile was installed on the 6th Floor.
- The sheet vinyl for the floors in the simulation labs is being laid.
- A crew began installing VCT in the hallway.
- They continued stripping the granite floors on the 1st Floor, Bolivar Street side.
- The mechanical contractor removed the acid waste line above the new switchgear.
- They continued installing supply and return grilles in the 6th Floor computer lounge.
- The sprinkler subcontractor continued installing sprinkler heads in the 6th Floor computer lounge.
- The contractor continued to paint the composite wall panels in the large multimedia room and installing sheetrock in the library.
- The contractor installed glass in the display case in the elevator lobby.
- Facility Services installed a transfer switch for emergency lighting and installed drains for the coffee kiosk.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued installing light fixtures.
- LSUHSC Facility Services re-routed pneumatic lines so they will not be in the open ceiling area.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed additional ceiling grid in the administrative area.
- The contractor installed new exhaust ductwork in the corridor.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor began framing the fur down in back lobby area in Tower A.
- Crews continued installing ceiling grid in the back lobby area in Tower C.
- Additional fire alarm wires were run between the A & B tower lobby areas.
- The enclosure contractor installed the single sliding door on the Bolivar St. /Perdido St. side.
6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed the remaining base cabinets for the peninsulas in Suite 8405A .
- The network wiring crew installed the network wiring in Rooms 8405C, 8405D, 8405E, 8405F, and 8405G and tested the network drops for Rooms 6333 and 6335.
- The plumbing contractor installed sink connections (hot water, cold water, and drain) for the sinks in Rooms 8405C, 8405D, and 8405E.
- The contractor completed the connection of the new boiler and insulated the steam line.