MONDAY, MARCH 16, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued drywall and ceiling work in Rooms 109H, 111 and 111A, and continued installation of door jambs in 111B.
- The electrical contractor continued electrical rough-in in the 1st Floor lounge.
- The glass contractor installed the new glass wall leading from the lobby into the 1st Floor lounge and continued trim work on this wall and the new storefront.
- The mechanical contractor continued installing new fan coil units on the 3rd Floor.
- The painting contractor continued patching walls in offices on the 2nd Floor.
- Facility Services continued making repairs on the 1st and 3rd Floors and installing thermostats for fan coil units on the 3rd Floor.
- Facility Services installed sod in the back of the Resource Center building.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The contractor continued prepping the freight elevator for the flood proofing.
- Crews installed kitchen and mail room cabinets on the 6th Floor.
- Workers continued installing exterior granite on the new stairwell.
- Carpet was installed on the S. Prieur St. side of the 6th Floor.
- Additional floor tile was installed in the 6th Floor computer lounge
- Ceiling tile was installed on the 6th Floor Bolivar/Gravier Street side.
- The mechanical contractor soldered the pipes for the medical air/gas/vacuum ceiling boxes in the simulation rooms.
- The sprinkler subcontractor continued installing sprinkler heads in the 6th Floor computer lounge.
- The electrical contractor installed control wire for the new generator.
- They wired the fire pump controller to the motor and ran conduit from the jockey pump to panel AC2A.
- Workers installed light fixtures in the 6th Floor computer lounge area.
- The contractor installed half of the ceiling baffles and one fire extinguisher cabinet.
- The contractor continued constructing the display case in the elevator lobby.
- Facilities Services personnel plumbed and wired coffee kiosk equipment.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued installing light fixtures.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued installing exhaust ductwork in the corridor.
- They modified sprinkler heads in the lab area.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor continued framing the fur down in the back lobby area in Tower A.
6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The cabinet installers installed the remaining counter tops for the peninsulas in suite 8405A and 8405B.
- They installed the backsplash for the peninsulas in Suites 8405A and 8405B.
- The network wiring crew installed the network wiring in Rooms 8405H, 8405I, and 8405J.
- The plumbing contractor installed sink connections in Rooms 8405A and 8405B and connected the fume hood in 6335.
- The electrical contractor installed receptacles for the peninsulas in Suites 8405A and 8405B.
- The contractor installed relief valves for the new boiler.