Thursday, March 5, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued painting in offices on the 3rd Floor and began painting in Room 109H.
- The mechanical contractor continued installing new fan coil units on the 3rd Floor.
- The painting contractor continued painting offices on the 3rd Floor.
- Facility Services continued making repairs on the 1st and 3rd Floors, painting hallways on the 3rd Floor, and connecting electrical service for the new fan coil units.
- LSUHSC Facility Services planted shrubs in the rear of the Resource Center .
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The contractor installed ceiling tile on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- A crew continued installing the wall around the new roll up fire door on the 6th Floor/
- Another crew is installing CMU walls on the Bolivar St. side of the 1st Floor.
- The exterior glass is being installed on the exterior of the new stairwell.
- The mechanical contractor continued installing the diesel fuel pipes on the 1st Floor, CSRB side.
- They continue to install the supply and return grilles on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- The electrical contractor installed wires from the disconnects to the roof mounted emergency generator.
- They ran conduit to the battery charger and the heater for the generator on the roof.
- Electricians installed exit signs, strobes and speakers on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- They installed the VFD on the 6th Floor in the Bolivar St. side mechanical room and tied in the fire phones on the 6th Floor.
- The sprinkler contractor installed sprinkler heads on the 6th Floor, Gravier St. side.
- AT&T began pulling the main telephone feeder cable.
- The contractor installed window shades.
- They continued to paint the composite wall panels in the small multimedia room and began installing the wooden ceiling trim in the study area.
- The contractor continued installing the display case in the elevator lobby and near the stairs.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor began installing granite on the columns.
- They installed the door frames on the north side of the lobby.
MDL 6 RENOVATIONS:
- The A/V contractor completed programming and testing the new audio/video components.
- The contractor connected drains to the eight sinks.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor is painting walls in the administrative area.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor laid the final mortar bed layer in the two corner lobby areas.
- The enclosure contractor installed break metal on the underside of the roof above the entrance door.
- The interior contractor continued framing and installing sheetrock for the fur down in the expanded lobby area.
SCHOOL A and B AUDITORIUM RENOVATIONS
- The contractor taped and floated the new (smaller) wing walls in both auditoriums.
6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed base cabinets and shelving in the large rooms on the 8th Floor.
HEALTH/ NURSING ROOF REPLACEMENT
- Work has begun on the project. The contractor is removing the old ballast (gravel) from the roof.