WEDNESDAY, MAY 6, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor started cleaning the auditorium floor.
- Facility Services continued making electrical repairs and painting on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- They patched and painted Room 312B.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The contractor installed flashing on the stairwell roof.
- A French drain was installed around the new stairwell slab.
- Workers continued to install restroom partitions on the Bolivar St. side of the 1st Floor.
- A crew applied epoxy in the old PBX room on the 1st Floor.
- They continue installing wall tile on the Bolivar St. side of the 1st Floor.
- Crews continued to install metal for the mullions in the stairwell.
- Workers painted the stairwell handrail on the 1st through 3rd Floors.
- The electrical contractor installed a 600 amp breaker for EMDP panel and the 1600 amp breaker for the fire pump motor on the roof.
- They installed smoke detectors and strobes on the Bolivar St. side of the 1st Floor.
- The contractor continued to patch and repair the elevator lobby ceiling.
- Additional lights were relocated in the wooden ceiling.
- Workers are installing the ceiling frame in the back office area.
AIR HANDLING UNIT REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor removed the old rooftop unit number one, installed the new unit and patched the roof.
- They began piping the new unit and making connections to the existing ductwork.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The interior contractor continued installing gypsum board to fur out the concrete wall in the back corner lobby area on S. Roman St. and Poydras Ave.
- The interior contractor ran wires for the fire alarm devices throughout the lobby area.
- The mechanical contractor raised one sprinkler line underneath the mezzanine level between the B & C Towers .
- They adjusted sprinkler heads to the center tile of the drop ceiling.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The wall panel contractor installed metal trim pieces for the wood wall panels adjacent to the elevators.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor completed installing ceiling tiles in the in the lab areas.
- The contractor installed return air grilles in the new doors.
- The network wiring contractor continued pulling network wires.
HEALTH/NURSING BLDG. RE-ROOFING PROJECT:
- The contractor installed a cap sheet on the roof of the walkway between the Allied Health/Nursing Bldg. and the MEB.
- They installed the cap sheet on the 4th Floor lower level roofs.
AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed an additional row of ceiling tiles in Auditorium A.
- The contractor installed carpet on the top two tiers of Auditorium A.